Wishlist features

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Gene
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

1. On the Quiz Results page it would be really cool to be able to display an explination of the answer next to the column where it shows "Your answer was... The correct answer was..." It would give the quiz author the ability to give more in depth information including a resource or something. All it would need to be is another memo field per question.

2. Ability to add, delete or move questions on already created quizzes.

3. Ability to clear High Scores

Great MOD btw!!!
BathroomNinja
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I would love to see a random feature that would allow the quiz creator to select 'randomize questions and answers yes/no'.

Basically, the questions would not be in the same order each time, also the answers would not be in the same order. This would allow a person who is using the quiz to study for a test to take it over and over without memorising the exact order of answers.

This is how my site intends to use it. We are using the quiz mod to study for major exams. Each study group creates quizes and we practice what we have studied using this sweet mod. The addition of a random feature would really take the prize.

Again, thank you so much for your hard work. You are litterally helping us with our jobs.
super-dave
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

a lot of the people on my board complain about the input answer quiz ... because they say it's difficult to get the answers right.

is there any way around this? making the input quiz more intuitive by ignoring capital letters and stuff like that??
Toy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

+100 8)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry for not replying sooner, I only just added these features.
Gene wrote:3. Ability to clear High Scores
Done.
super-dave wrote:a lot of the people on my board complain about the input answer quiz ... because they say it's difficult to get the answers right.

is there any way around this? making the input quiz more intuitive by ignoring capital letters and stuff like that??
Done.

1.3.3 released.

http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php to download.
v1.3.3 includes one new major feature, an option in the ACP to clear all the statistics in the database. Other minor changes include case insensitivity for input answer quizzes.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
TcBrown
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

test to see if this working
MarieMM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I've downloaded and installed the quiz version that is available from http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php. However, at the bottom of my admin quiz page, it says version 1.2.0. It's working fine, but I've got some requests:

Shouldn't it be possible to view the statistics for each quiz at all times, even if I'm the one who made it, or if I have played it? I was hoping for a link to the statistics, so I could check how I did compared to the others!

Also, in the list of top scores: Is it an idea to sort the results first by percent, then by the amount of correct questions? IMO, it is better to have scored 100% in a quiz with 15 questions, than in a quiz with 5 questions...

I would also like to see a link back to the forum main page from the quiz statistics page.
Toy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

My site :

I know if i have played or not (but it is a friend who are programming for me)

Oui = Yes
Non = No ^^

nuzzosono
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Cool!!! I'dd like to have it on my board too!!

It would be great to have saparate statistics for each quiz too.

(outside the quiz guessing page)
Toy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

my files modified

Quizz.php
Line 130 at 160

The tpl, in the top.

Files here
+100 ;)
nuzzosono
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Toy wrote:my files modified

Quizz.php
Line 130 at 160

The tpl, in the top.

Files here
+100 ;)
wich version of the mod are you using?

your quiz.php is not working with my quiz mod 1.3.3

it gives you 100% wrong answer!!

Thanks anyway :)
Toy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have the 1.3.3 but maybe i 've modified others. I don't remember any more.

Its files are especially for the admin if he wants to look for a future version. ;)
neonplayer
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I already installed that ultimate quiz mod and it's really really nice .

I want that features.

When taking quiz, there's a time limit for answer that questions rite ? Is there any count down timer for user ? So user can know easily , how many time lefts for the quiz.

And then , in forum UserCP, quiz stats will be shown at there also.

Thanks.
neonplayer
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

More on that ,

In stats ,

Latest Month High Scores, Current Month High Scores, All Time High Scores.

All time 5 High Scorers username in forum index.

First of all ,

I really want that time countdown when taking quiz questions. It's with flash or javascript one. Is it easy to migrate ?
freddie
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

* the case insensitivity is gone, but is it possible to include multiple possible answers ?

because when you ask for example a persons name; it can be written different in russia than it is in england.

or when you ask the question: what's the number of my house; it can be three or 3

or when you ask a question where they have to answer two things, A + B; B + A is also correct