Wishlist features

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

will the random feature and question pool management feature be added in the future?
Is there a roadmap for this great quiz mod?
Thanks so much.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, there is no roadmap. It is pretty much feature complete as far as I am concerned :)

However, I fully intend to make a full UQM release for Olympus, so it is likely that a lot of new features will be added in that :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK. :)
And will it be possible to have 2 branches moving forward ? One is for phpbb 2, and the other one is Olympus. The reason is: Many sites now already used the phpbb2 and not easy for them to upgrade...
Will the random feature be added? Is it hard to be implemented?
Thanks so much.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perhaps I will continue with the 1.3.x series at some point. I would like to have a v1.4.x in the MOD database.

I suppose it depends on how much interest there would be in it. To be viable, there would need to be quite a bit of visible interest.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Perhaps you could create a poll with some important wish features as options, and let all people here vote for them. :)
Also, not sure if you could create a project on sf.net, since many people will search opensource projects there. In fact, at first I searched a quiz_hack021.zip there, but it is far away from UQM. While I learned that mod first from sf.net.
And then I googled with "php quiz", I found your greatest quiz mod for phpbb...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I actually do have it set up at sourceforge (in fact, that might be where you could get 0.6.6 from... it was about that long ago I updated it!) but it is hard to maintain.

Setting up the UQM at http://www.cmxmods.net and offering support here is the easiest and most effective way for me to handle it :)

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

By the way, how long did it take you to find the result for "php quiz"? I couldn't find any relevant results after about 7 pages of trying :(

phpbb quiz on the other hand... 8)

xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Yes, I mean exactly phpbb quiz :)
Sorry for the confusion ...

And the first search result is:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=222002
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hehe, yes. v1.0.6... that was part of the old series. I hope you aren't using that :P

xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

No, I mean, from google -> UQM 1.0.6 -> cricketmx.com -> 1.3.3.
This is the long way I am here. :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hehe, well I'm glad you managed to find your way here :)