Time limit

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

fighteur8
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello,

i would like to speak about time limit in UQM :
the time limit is written in the main page of the quiz.

it would be better the time appears in the quiz_play_x template as a countdown.
for example, count the number of questions in the quiz, automatically start the countdown with the numbers of seconds remaining and do a redirection when it finishes

:wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That would require javascript or some other language I do not know. It isn't possible using PHP :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
fighteur8
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I can help you ? 8)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you have some javascript that you would like to contribute, feel free to post it here and I will see if I can implement it :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
e-mo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello..

I need help with the time issue. How can I set a longer time?! Lets say 15 or 20 seconds.
Currently..the time seems to be to short.

e-mo
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, this can be set within the Quiz Configuration in the ACP :)

e-mo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello battye,

sorry...but when I click on QUIZ in ACP I cannot see anything which says about the time :S
I checked Quiz Permission, Quiz Configuration and Quiz Cash Settings but do not see anything about time...

e-mo
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you upgraded to 1.3.0 (or 1.3.1 or 1.3.2) did you overwrite admin_quiz.php and the .tpl file for it?

e-mo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hm..
If I am not mistaken...I took the latest version for my board. how do I check what version I am currently running?

e-mo