problem with moderation in UQM

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

fighteur8
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok, for example you submit a quiz but you realize you have done a mistake, so you want to correct it.

But, if in the ACP you have checked "Should the quiz author be able to play their own quizzes?" on NO, the quiz author can't access his own quiz and can't access to edit page :oops:

Also, when you enter in the edit mode, the box of the answer(or the answer, depending the type of the quiz) aren't checked....
madsmad
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am also having the same problems. The Quiz author doesn't have moderation access on the quiz he created even if I authroize in Quiz configuration.
Secondly, When I want to edit the quiz, the correct answer chexbox isn't checked. I need to check the correct boxes again. Its too cumbersome.
Anyways, I don't see this mod is getting any furthur support.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

madsmad wrote:I am also having the same problems. The Quiz author doesn't have moderation access on the quiz he created even if I authroize in Quiz configuration.
Secondly, When I want to edit the quiz, the correct answer chexbox isn't checked. I need to check the correct boxes again. Its too cumbersome.
I will look at the quiz moderation option now, I plan to have that fixed for an official 1.3.1 release.
Anyways, I don't see this mod is getting any furthur support.
I have been actively supporting and developing this MOD for over 2 years, why would I stop supporting this MOD now?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
fighteur8
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thank you battye !! anyway your mod is awsome !

but, i have one more suggestion, i have made a new topic again :oops:
madsmad
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am still getting this problem. Users submitting Quiz (Submitters) don't have moderator access even if he has been authorized to do so + having playing access.
Users/Moderators and even the site admin don't see right answers checked while editing a quiz.

Sorry battye, I thought UQM is not supported because some of my posts went un-answered a while back
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

madsmad wrote:I am still getting this problem. Users submitting Quiz (Submitters) don't have moderator access even if he has been authorized to do so + having playing access.
Users/Moderators and even the site admin don't see right answers checked while editing a quiz.
As I said, I plan to release an official 1.3.1 with the fixed moderator status :)
I hope to have it ready for Monday.

As for the answers not being checked when editing, that is not a bug, it is just an absense of a feature :lol:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
fighteur8
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

As for the answers not being checked when editing, do you forecast to do this feature ? :?

:wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

fighteur8 wrote:As for the answers not being checked when editing, do you forecast to do this feature ? :?

:wink:
At the moment it isn't a priority :)

craiggiarc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have this issue too so I'm really pleased that you are looking into it, I look forward to hearing how you do on Monday. :D

Everyone on my forum loves the Mod.

Craig
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've had a think about this. As it is, the author not being able to play their own quiz overrides their ability to edit their quizzes.

What I am thinking of doing, is when the error comes up, add a few moderation links, so it ends up looking like this (those in brackets are links of course):
You cannot play quizzes which you have submitted!
(Edit Quiz | Delete Quiz | Move Quiz)
How does that sound?

craiggiarc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

That sounds good to me, would you totally remove the setting that says "Should the quiz author be able to play their own quizzes?" then?

Craig
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Probably not, as it is a good setting (so authors can't make easy money with Cash MOD for instance)

Gene
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Has this issue been fixed? I know I just downloaded and installed this MOD today and when I go back to edit a quiz none of the answers are checked and I have to recheck all the correct answers again.
Bridget
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello all - fantastic mod!! Well done to all that worked on it.

Just a quick question - was this issue with moderation resolved?
I've just installed 1.3.3, and my users still don't seem to be able to moderate their own quizzes despite me enabling this in the control panel.

I've even tried adding them to the quiz moderators box and that didn't work. I also disabled the ability for quiz authors to take their own quiz as I read here that that may cause a problem.

As the board admin, I seem to be the only user that can moderate the quizzes.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

B x
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you please set up a test acct. on your forum so I can have a look?