update version 1.2.0 ---> 1.3.0

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

fruttolo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello,
probably this has been asked before but I try it again anyway...

Battye, can you explain me the correct procedure (if there is any) to update the released version 1.2.0 on phpbb with this new 1.3.0 ?
Thanks in advance!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

TO update the database, run quiz_updater.php

There are no code changes required, so just overwrite all of the quiz files to make the file updates :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
TommyV
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:TO update the database, run quiz_updater.php

There are no code changes required, so just overwrite all of the quiz files to make the file updates :)
I have done just as you describe above when updating from 1.20 to 1.31, but for some reason the quiz-page in the administrationpanel says:
The latest version of the Ultimate Quiz MOD: 1.2.0
and I can't find any place to set a time limit... Besides this I have some fields with no explantion to them in the administrationpanel as you can see on the attached image... What did I do wrong?
Attachments
ScreenHunter_1.jpg
ScreenHunter_1.jpg (22.89 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regarding latest version, that is only to reflect the latest stable version. 1.3.1 is still considered Beta.
so just overwrite all of the quiz files to make the file updates
Will fix the time limit problem.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
TommyV
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Regarding latest version, that is only to reflect the latest stable version. 1.3.1 is still considered Beta.
Okay ;-)
battye wrote:
so just overwrite all of the quiz files to make the file updates
Will fix the time limit problem.
Do you mean that I have to overwrite all of the quiz files to fix the time limit problem? Cause I already did that... And what does the 2 lines with no explanation mean? Or is just me who can't understand this..? :oops:

/Tommy
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Two lines with no explaination?

It sounds like maybe you haven't overwritten lang_quiz.php

TommyV
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Two lines with no explaination?

It sounds like maybe you haven't overwritten lang_quiz.php
Oops... :oops: :oops: :oops: I forgot I was using danish so just copying over the files of course didn't take care of the danish language...

And the lines were as follows:

Code: Select all

Give the Quiz Bot a name (the name Quiz Packs are submitted under):   	
Set a time limit for each question. If this time limit is exceeded, the user will not see their results. Set to 0 for unlimited time.
Is the time limit days, minutes or...? ;-)

Thank you very much for bearing with me ;-)

/Tommy
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

From memory, seconds. But it might be minutes :)

TommyV
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:From memory, seconds. But it might be minutes :)
Okay. Thank you very much :-)