WebCulture - Trends and how to stablize traffic

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

I call the creation and destruction of sites by users webculture, it's the reason why more and more come to cricketmx and why people don't visit mine. It's not because my site isn't spidered, some 7800 results you will find by typing keyword, winrejects.

I get this trend

From 7/23/2004 - Today
*comment* what happend to the file attachment option?

My question is where is the problem? Or is there no problem, is it simply the fact that something that I have done makes me so unpopular on the internet that no one will go there?

I'm not using this to put anyone on a guilt trip, I only want what all webmasters want, a sucessful site, this isn't a plug, I'm asking a question and nothing more, eventhough no one has had done anything in the past 6 months or so, which is good. Back to the point.

The traffic on my site spiked due to a "merge" from a site called Boltsucks (a con of bolt.com) and in two days boltsucks was back online from a 3 month stand still. I have my own theory, but anyway, eventhough the ones who refused to go back and stayed got to where they didn't post as often or disappeared like some 10 or 15 people. There have been no guest posts, there have been no new registeries. This month there have only been 16 hits from other countries outside of the US, Canada, and the UK. That is a sign either irrelivant material is making it's way to search engines, or my site simply doesn't have good information. I dont think I'm going to bring any good information to my site, I think there is a possibility that I can draw attiention to it from "The 4th Best Page in the Universe," but that's a pie in the sky. If it makes it back to maddox, which I think it will, even if I have to do it myself, just to get a bunch of people sending hate mail to me, just to have the traffic. maddox's site ranks around 7,000 or so, mine has no ranking, cricketmx does have a numerican value, used to be higher (i think its not very accurate unless you have some major traffic). Before my domain changed and I was stationed at winrejects.jmstacey.net i think I had ranks around 150,000 which I thought was impressive, which it fell down to somewhere around 500,000 on a steady decline.

Eventhough I have a "*****-bag" for a site, I still wont shut it down, I simply have become addicted to webmastering. Even if I have to host on dial-up I will, it may be a simple site, but I will if I have to.

I don't think I'm very funny like maddox, although I deny it on the page, it is a rip-off, but I think it's fair to say "nicely done" on replicating it. The only other person who has mastered replicating the design was Thilo, and now me.

I'm not a comedian, I mean, I can be funny, but i'm not naturally funny or witty.

That's about all I want to say right now as I am more interested in this Rice Krispies Treats double chocolately chunk right now...