Hacking Attempt

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Frankenchrist
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I installed this mod on my board and my users get this error alot while taking a quiz. I tested it myself and it seems to happen when the very last answer is submitted. I don't have CH mod on my board but I do have alot of other mods including simple subforums. Can you help me sort this out please?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does it happen every time you play a quiz?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Frankenchrist
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Does it happen every time you play a quiz?
No it doesn't happen everytime. If it happens you can restart the quiz and it won't do it the second time. My users are still able to use them but its annoying. Everyone that has used it tells me they have gotten it.

Are there any mods that might conflict with it? What file would cause this?

I'm running your quiz version 1.0.6 and phpBB 2.0.15 bridged with mambo.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe Mambo is, I've never tested it on there before.
I can tell you, that this problem will be non-existant for the next version (1.1.x) which will probably be finished very soon.

The reason the hacking attempt happens, is if a user leaves a quiz half way through. If you play all the quizzes, the whole way through, it should be fine :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Frankenchrist
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Maybe Mambo is, I've never tested it on there before.
I can tell you, that this problem will be non-existant for the next version (1.1.x) which will probably be finished very soon.

The reason the hacking attempt happens, is if a user leaves a quiz half way through. If you play all the quizzes, the whole way through, it should be fine :)
Yeah but the quiz mod is more a part of phpbb than anything and the only thing that is shared is my user tables. The problem I am referring to happens when members play a quiz the whole way through without hitting the back button.

To add more info to this, when viewing statistics you can hit a quiz name and it will also give you this error.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've PM'd you a likely solution :)

UBT - Halifax--lad
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Sorry to bring this old thread back to the top but I get this error trying to use this quizes on this board :(
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

This error affects only very old versions (1.0.6 or lower).

I suggest upgrading to 1.3.0, or 1.2.0 at the very least.

kainewildstarr
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I just updated from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 and am having the same problem.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have the problem in 1.3.0? Please take a screenshot and post it here so I can see the problem.

kainewildstarr
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

There is nothing to take a screen shot of. I go to take a quiz then when I hit submit, the screen goes white the 'Hacking Attempt!!' at the top of the screen.

I had installed version 1.2.0 but when I saw to upgrade to 1.3.0, I did and the error still occured.

I had just updated to PhpBB 2.0.21 so maybe there was an error when I upgraded. I have also noticed the same problem with one of the other installed mods so I am going to roll back PhpBB and see if that fixes the error.
sputum
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I guess its a problem with 2.0.21 an the changes in the common.php. Will there be an fix? an also an overall statisitc?
test
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

nice
I'm hear for the chicks. ^_^
Swader
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am experiencing the same problem.... Any fixes??
sputum
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

The problem is this change in the last phpbb update in the common.php:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
#
      if (!in_array($var, $not_unset))
      {
         unset($$var);
      }