Having some issues with Quiz MOD

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

wakasm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am fairly sure I installed everything correctly. I made the changes to the 10 files that I was supposed to... the SQL installation is fine....

But when I go to my admin panel - there is no text at all... just input fields and buttons. This goes for all the options.

I am using the latest version of phpbb 2.0.17
I only have the cash MOD installed
Subsilver

Thanks for the help!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It sounds like you haven't edited lang_admin.php
Make sure you made the changes to all of the languages you use :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
wakasm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have added this to the language_admin before the //style

Is there something else I might have missed? I will include screenshots in my next post so you can see what is going on....

// Quiz Admin
$lang['qq_submit_text'] = 'Submit';
$lang['spec_quiz'] = 'Special Quiz User?';
$lang['mod_quiz_user'] = 'Quiz Moderator';
$lang['norm_quiz_user'] = 'Normal Quiz User';
$lang['ban_quiz_user'] = 'Banned From Quizzes';
$lang['qq_quiz'] = 'Question';
$lang['qa_quiz'] = 'Answer';
$lang['qfa_quiz'] = 'Fake Answer';
$lang['Admin_quiz_verification_set'] = 'Admin Verification is set to ';
$lang['No_quiz_verify'] = 'No quizzes awaiting validation';
$lang['Rejected_quizzes'] = 'Click to view rejected quizzes';
$lang['Quiz_config_update'] = 'Quiz Configuration Updated';
$lang['Quiz_category_update'] = 'Category added successfully';
$lang['Quiz_ver_1'] = 'Quiz added successfully<br />Click ';
$lang['Quiz_ver_2'] = 'here';
$lang['Quiz_ver_3'] = ' to return to the previous page';
$lang['Quiz_ver_4'] = 'Quiz denied successfully<br />Click ';
$lang['qq'] = 'Choose how many questions you would like per quiz';
$lang['one_qcat'] = 'If you only use one category turn this setting on';
$lang['Yes_quiz'] = 'Yes';
$lang['desco_quiz'] = 'Description';
$lang['setto_quiz'] = 'Setting';
$lang['No_quiz'] = 'No';
$lang['admin_qsubmit'] = 'If you would prefer that only Administrators can submit quizzes, check this to Yes.';
$lang['admin_verify'] = 'If you wish to verify quizzes before they are displayed, check this to Yes.';
$lang['Quiz_cash_ison'] = '<b>Cash Mod Installation</b><br />If you wish to enable cash rewards and deductions and have the Cash Mod installed, check yes on this option';
$lang['qcf'] = 'Which field do you wish the earnings or losses to be made out to?';
$lang['quiz_cost_play'] = 'Select the amount of money it costs to play a quiz';
$lang['quiz_cash_cor'] = 'Select the amount of money the user gets per correct answer';
$lang['cash_quiz_loss'] = 'Select the amount of money the user loses per incorrect answer';
$lang['cash_play_once'] = 'Check this to On, if you wish that users can play each quiz, only one time.';
$lang['quiz_timing'] = 'Select whether you wish time limits to be on or off.';
$lang['guest_cant'] = 'Check to on if you wish to disable guests from from playing quizzes.';
$lang['quiz_word_accept'] = 'Accept';
$lang['quiz_word_reject'] = 'Reject';
$lang['quiz_config_updated'] = 'Quiz configuration updated successfully!';
$lang['subcat_add_ok_quiz'] = 'Subcategory added successfully!';
$lang['quiz_cat_delete_ok'] = 'Category deleted';
$lang['quiz_cat_edit_ok'] = 'Category edited successfully';
$lang['quiz_add_cat_button'] = 'Add Category';
$lang['quiz_sub_add_button'] = 'Add Subcategory';
$lang['quiz_word_subcategories'] = 'Subcategories';
$lang['quiz_word_categories'] = 'Category';
$lang['adm_quiz_word'] = 'Quiz';
$lang['adm_auth_word'] = 'Author';
$lang['adm_rej_word'] = 'Reject';
$lang['adm_acc_word'] = 'Accept';
$lang['adm_min_conf'] = 'Minimum post requirement to play quizzes (0 for none)';
$lang['adm_mod_del_conf'] = 'Allow moderators to edit / delete quizzes';
$lang['adm_no_guest_conf'] = 'Check to on if you wish to disable guests from from playing quizzes.';
$lang['adm_timeonoff_conf'] = 'Select whether you wish time limits to be on or off.';
$lang['adm_survey_prog_conf'] = 'Do you wish the Ultimate Quiz MOD to double as a survey program?';
$lang['adm_timelim_conf'] = 'In whole minutes, choose how long each user has to complete a quiz.';
$lang['adm_choose_desc'] = 'Write a descritption for the category';
$lang['adm_choose_nms'] = 'Choose a name for this category';
$lang['adm_choose_snms'] = 'Choose a name for this subcategory';
$lang['adm_choose_pid'] = 'Select the id of the parent category';
$lang['adm_delete_cat'] = 'Delete this category?<br />This cannot be undone!';
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you use Categories Hierachy?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
wakasm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am not sure what that is, so I am going to say no.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok.

It may sound simple, but you have made sure you uploaded the edited lang_admin.php?

wakasm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Bah, I am so frustrated. I figured it out.

For some reason.... Part of the code was missing. I went through on every line and the missing code caused the whole piece of code not to work.

Not sure how that happend with features like...

"Copy and Paste"

but yeah. Sorry for being stupid.

Great support though!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phew, lucky you got it working. :)

drakky
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

my acp doesn't look like that , quiz does not have it's own section , what am i missing please?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

drakky wrote:
my acp doesn't look like that , quiz does not have it's own section , what am i missing please?
It doesn't look like the screenshots, because this post is over a year old (hence the version he is using is over a year old) :wink: