Error - template file not found: quiz_body.tpl

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Koba
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thats an error I'm getting heres the full error:

Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: quiz_body.tpl

I uploaded ALL The files in the 0.3.0 releast of the quiz mod. Did all the file mods instructed in the readme.. ran the install and got the typical results as posted on phpbb.com and then deleted the install file. then I go to http://www.root.com/phpBBroot/quiz.php and I get that error... thats about all the information I can think to give.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you upload quiz_body.tpl to all the templates being used on your forum?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Koba
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok got that to work. I have another issue now. I use a custom template system and I am having some issues with the creation of 'adding.php' when I go to that page I get everything ok minus a grey box that spans the main table on the page on the left hand side. I can clearly see an option to add in the title of the quiz and hit submit... but everything in between is missing.
Koba
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok I messed around with it.. I found the line of code giving the trouble..

I replaced...

$template->pparse("body");

With....

include ('addquiz_body.tpl');

Naturally I dont think that this is the best way to go about it... will it still work ok like this?
Koba
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Actually no that sucks... I appear to have some sort of error calling the template file into the body.

is..

$template->set_filenames(array("body" => "addquiz_body.tpl"));

Ok?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, what version of PHP do you use? And can I see your site so I can see first hand what is going wrong? Thanks :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Koba
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I hope the content of my site doesnt change your mind ;)

http://www.sovietrevolution.net/forums/adding.php

I got rid of the big white box to the left by removing the pointer to the page tail.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you use PHP 4.x ?

Koba
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Yes I use PHP 4 does that make a big difference?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have tested it out with PHP 4 just then, it doesn't work for me either :?
I get the same type layout as you.. I will have to look into it, I'll tell you how it turns out :)