layout problem

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

ive run into a small problem with the mod im making! :o

using the following code:

Code: Select all

<tr>
   <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="50" rowspan="4"><span class="forumlink">{quizrow.ACTQ}</span></td>
   <td class="row2" align="left" valign="left" height="50"><span class="gensmall">
                            {quizrow.RADICAL}
							<input type="hidden" name="Hidden" value="{HIDDEN_FIELD}">

</span></td>

</tr>
I get:

http://www.cricketmx.com/testforum/view ... viewquiz=1

Any ideas? 8)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wish I could help but I know nothing about PHP. You might want to ask Dan.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's HTML
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

How is it supposed to look?

Do you want the answers vertical?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also what is:

{quizrow.ACTQ}
{quizrow.RADICAL}
{HIDDEN_FIELD}

What do these represent?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

ACTQ is the question, RADICAL are the radio boxes, HIDDEN_FIELD is the quiz id (for sql purposes)

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think this is how you want it to look. Keep in mind I don't have the little buttons to click on. I am at work and did this on Notepad. It is straight HTML so I don't know how valuable this will be to you.

<html>
<table border="1" cellpadding="5">
  <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="50" rowspan="4">Is this 

working Correctly?</td>
      <td class="row2" align="left" valign="left" height="50">
	  <p>no</p>
	  <p>yes</p>
	  <p>Don't ask Stupid Questions</p>
	  <p>What do you think?</p>
      </td>
</table>
</html>
Is this going to work for you?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw you have part of it fixed. Can you post the code so I can see it?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

<!-- BEGIN quizrow -->
  <tr>
   <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="50" rowspan="1"><span class="forumlink">{quizrow.ACTQ}</span></td>
                            {quizrow.RADICAL}

</span></td>

</tr>

<!-- END quizrow -->

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

So all you did was change the rowspan to 1?

And if you change it back to 4 you get that jumbled mess?

I don't know why it is doing that to you. Something else in your code could be messing with it but I am not entirely sure. The HTML I wrote works and it is basically based off your code. But somewhere something is affecting that table. Could I see all the code by chance?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

BTW I passed all your quizzes :lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0">
  <tr> 
	<td align="left" valign="bottom" colspan="2">{QUIZ_HEADER}<br /></td>
  </tr>
</table>

<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
  <tr>
   <th colspan="1" width="100%" class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{QUESTION}&nbsp;</th>
   <th width="250" class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{ANSWER}&nbsp;</th>
  </tr>
      <form name="form1" method="post" action="quizzer.php">
<!-- BEGIN quizrow -->
  <tr>
   <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="50" rowspan="1"><span class="forumlink">{quizrow.ACTQ}</span></td>
                            {quizrow.RADICAL}

</span></td>

</tr>

<!-- END quizrow -->
</table> 
<table width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
  <tr>
   <th class="catBottom" colspan="4" align="center" height="28"><input class="liteoption" type="submit" value="Submit" /></form></td></th>
	</tr>
	</table>