I'VE GOT THE IRISH VIRUS!

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok everyone, don't panic... it's not as bad as it sounds :lol:

You know you've got this virus, if you get an e-mail with the following message:
West Australian wrote:Greetings, you have just recieved the 'IRISH VIRUS'. As we don't have any programming experience, this Virus works on the honour system.
Please delete all the files on your hard drive manually and forward this Virus to everyone on your mailing list. Thankyou for your co-operation.
Pretty scary eh? :lol:
Symantec wrote:It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarrented concern.
I wonder how many people deleted all the files on their hard drive? :lol:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Blade420
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

If any of you can remember the first time you got a virus its a pain to get rid of if you dont know what your doing. I found a very good online scanner that tells you the steps to remove the infected files if it does find any in the scan. The web addy is http://housecall.antivirus.com/ and after a small pattern file download you can scan all drives on your computer. Hope this site addy helps someone out there as it did me :)
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

the only online virus scanner you want 2 be using is panda, but i dont need 2 do that, i run AVG with a trojan scanner and remover, my system is 100% safe and i DL that much crap!
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

AVG Free and Panda online: Don't jump into the cesspool without 'em. :)
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

This post started out as a joke and now it is turning into a virus scanner thread. Odd. :roll:

Well I use NAV 2004 and Adaware Pro. Never had a problem with virii or adware/spyware.
gersfan
Mistress of the Whips
Mistress of the Whips

grinch2171 wrote:This post started out as a joke and now it is turning into a virus scanner thread. Odd. :roll:

Well I use NAV 2004 and Adaware Pro. Never had a problem with virii or adware/spyware.
i noticed that myself and im still lmao ...
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

just go with the flow, i always do... its more interestin then..
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"