My printer won't work!

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I did that and it fixed it, but I lost a lot of files, I lost everything to do with BT, DivX, and some other programs :(

So I undid it :|
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Well you can go back to that restore point and install the divx and BT stuff again or you can try to hack through the registry or format c: or get another printer. One thing that the restore point proved was that it isn't a hardware problem.
Don't count your toads until they're running around with their heads cut off.
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

ok, you Lexmark lovers are going to hate me for this.
Battye, do yourself a favor and just take it back and get a HP, and a Epson, or even a Canon, anything but a LexMark. PLEASE. LOL
Do you have Frog Legs?
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Ya it's not that something is broken. That's what I meant about it not being a hardware problem, t just doen't work. I haven't said too much on this subject because I think Lexmark sucks too.
I think all printers suck. They are a pain. If I had to pick one, it would be Canon.
They should give you printers for free. They make so much money on the ink that they can afford to give them away. Once you got their printer they got you hooked. Except for pirates like me that won't give in to the man. I refill cartidges. :twisted:
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

AMEN to that JcToad!!!

Finally someone that feels the same way I do about printers. lol
And yes, I own a Canon, lol. A BJC-2000 and still going strong.
You go JcToad!! lol :D
Do you have Frog Legs?
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Used to have a little bjc-1000. Refilled that cartidge about 14 times and it was still going strong. We printed so much stuff with that little printer. Used it like a laser printer. There were days when that thing printed for 3 or 4 hours at a time. It printed thousands of copies of 12 and 14 page newsletters. As far as I know, it is still going.
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I believe you.
Canon is just like Timex.
Takes a likin and keeps on tickin. ! lol

I even have a little old pentium 1 pc, that went through a tornado and is still going strong today, has an old hardware modem and still connects just fine. :lol:
Do you have Frog Legs?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hate to disappoint you, but CANON PRINTERS SUCK! They're useless, the quality sucks, the speed sucks, and the appearance sucks! And the one I had only had room for one cartridge! That sucks too :lol:

The Lexmark is great, it works perfectly on the old computer, just something won't let it install on this one since installing Abc, Musicmatch, DivX, Spyware.. oh hang on, DivX and Spyware are the same thing :roll:

The Lexmark prints at superfast speed, and my black cartridge lasted 18 months, I had to get a new one a few weeks ago.. yes they are expensive, but that's because of the superior quality to Canon 8)

Nuff said :P

Thanks for the help Jc, I'll put Abc, MusicMatch and the rest to Cd, then go back in time and get that superb printer back up and running :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just bought a Lex,ark Z25 for $35 at Wal-Mart and I love it. I had an HP but it sucked so bad I had to get a new one. So far the Lexmark prints fast and good.