Virtual Machine Question

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Ok first off don't ask me why, but I want to be able to get windows 3.1 on the internet through virtual machine, not sure if it is possible, but I do understand I need to load a DOS driver if one is available. I am using Microsoft Virtual Machine, now I am silly to ask since I'm probably the only person on the planet that is trying to the achieve this, but if anyone has tried playing around with old DOS stuff on a virtual machine and would know where to find old DOS drivers or just how to get Windows 3.1 loading drivers for a network card would be greatly appreciated..
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I won't be able to help, but I spent quite a while getting Win98 to play nicely in VirtualBox. I was trying to play an old game that reportedly doesn't like XP or Wine. It's a pain and might not be worth the effort. Good luck.
Layzie Bone

It's really a question if such a driver exists :lol:

Not sure about VirtualBox how it handles device emulation, however in VirtualPC it emulates an Intel 21140 Fast Ethernet Adapter, funny thing is I think in windows 95 it shows up differently, so not so sure, I''ll have to do some research and if I remember correctly I had no luck last time, but who knows, surely I'm not the only crazy person trying to go nostalgic...