Adobe Photoshop - How Old?

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

That would be 20 years old! Amazing!
In 1990, 200 copies of Photoshop 1.0 were released...& look at them now!

The image-editing software, embraced by amateur and professional photographers alike, is used to make family photo albums, labels for beverage bottles, magazine fashion spreads and scene designs for Hollywood movies, such as the blockbuster Avatar. Comedians from Jon Stewart to Conan O'Brien have used it in punch lines.

It even has entered the popular vernacular, as in, "It must have been Photoshopped" when something looks too good to be true.

"It's endlessly amusing to see how much it has permeated popular culture. It really is everywhere," said John Knoll, who created the original version with his brother Thomas Knoll, whose title at Adobe is co-creator of Photoshop. John Knoll is a visual effects supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic in San Francisco.

"You can hardly turn around and not see something that was done in Photoshop," he said. "And it started out with Tom and I screwing around with it as a hobby."

Read more:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/technolo ... story.html
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
vtech
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Photoshop is one of the best programs ever in my opinion. I've been using it since the 5th grade, so that's like 7 or 8 years now. Wow, I hadn't realized it's been that long.

Seriously though, I can't imagine how annoying and long it would take to design a site now-a-days without PS.