iPhone Charger - iWonder...

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

iWonder if this will catch on? :wink:
Just imagine "walking the dog" with your iPhone happily charging along with you.

IYO YOYO

2008-09-19

To celebrate my new Iphone and the fact that darkness is looming over me. I´ve done this:

An induction powered yoyocharger for Apple.

And since solarchargers don´t work at night or in Sweden half the year, this should be a smash hit.

The induction technology is based on this..

And of course there is a small onboard LI cell to store the electricity generated. So no need to charge as you yoyo. Yoyo and then charge.
http://www.peterthuvander.se/#
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Speaking of iPhone chargers, in the mail today I got:

Just finished fully charging. I might post a review in the articles section about it once I've tested with the iPhone :)

And so this post gets picked up in Google searches, the device is called the 1000mAh USB Rechargeable Emergency Power Pack Battery for iPhone 3G.

To charge it, plug the USB cable that you use to Sync the iPod/iPhone into the end of the charger (upside down). When it's charging the blue lights will flash every second or so. There are 4 different levels to indicate how charged it is... if the bottom light is the only one flashing, it's (I assume) between 0-25% full, 2 bars is 25-50%, 3 bars is 5--75% and the arrow flashing should mean it is between 75-100%. Once all the lights have lit up and stop flashing it is fully charged.

The top arrow is a test button - haven't tried it yet, but I assume this can be used at any time (plugged in or not) to give a quick indication of how full the battery is. (just tried it, and can confirm this is what happens)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)