US Elections - Hey Alien! You Can Vote Too!

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

If The World Could Vote

Image No greeny, not your kinda alien!!
I mean those that have to join the "alien" queue in airports!! :wink:

With over half a million votes from 202 countries...I'm thinking it looks like the world is barracking for change!!
November 4th 2008 the American people will choose a new president. The president of the United States of America is the most powerful person in the world.

We would like to know who would be the next president of the United States of America - if the world could vote!

In the presidential election in 2004 122,267,553 people voted. 6,500,000,000 people did not.

Our mission is to get more people to vote than voted in the last election. Mission impossible, we know, but still, wouldn't it be great to see what the whole world thinks?

If we are to have any chance of reaching that goal we need your help. Tell all your friends around the world about iftheworldcouldvote.com. You can send them email, share it on Facebook (we also have a group you can join), digg it, reddit, save to delicious ... Or all of it. So go ahead. Let's see who would be the next president of the United States of America - if the world could vote;)
http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/

Check out Macedonia (the Former Yugoslavian Republic)!! :shock:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

It's sad that there are only two options on the page. I'll have to opt for Bob Barr as a write-in.

In some states, the main two candidates had not registered to be on the ballot by the deadline, but they are allowed to appear anyway. (In fact, one side had not even nominated his choice for VP before the deadline.) When this happened in the past with 3rd part candidates, the rules were not bent for leniency.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rigged!

The clearest example is in India, supposedly 1,486 votes of which 99.9% are for Obama. Yeah, right :lol:
You'd get more than 0.1% of people accidentally clicking the wrong button, what a joke.

South Africa, 2,063... 100% for Obama. Spare me.

Even the US, with 79.9% for Obama. Surely a landslide like that would be unprecedented?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

Barack Obama - 86.8% (549,568 votes) John McCain - 3.2% (83,430 votes)

Cancel the elections...save heaps of dough.
The world has voted... it's Barry O!! :wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where's the other 10%? I knew it was rigged :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

moongirl wrote:Barack Obama - 86.8% (549,568 votes) John McCain - 3.2% (83,430 votes)

Cancel the elections...save heaps of dough.
The world has voted... it's Barry O!! :wink:
Told ya so!! :wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, but the popular vote was nowhere near 86/13 Image

I still call that site "rigged"