[ Poll ] Which search engine do you use?

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Which search engine do you use?

Google
91%
Yahoo
No votes
MSN
No votes
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes: 11
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Easy poll here. Which search engine do you use and why?

I use Google for pretty much everything. Occasionally I like to use MSN or Yahoo to see where CMX appears in the rankings though :)
I like Google because of the clean layout. Unlike MSN and Yahoo which have cluttered and hard to use portal like appearances.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Yay! 100%!
Oh, I 'm the first vote. Nevermind..
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

homepage: Google
nuff said!
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
moongirl

A Googlette posting here!! :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

nesman wrote:Yay! 100%!
Oh, I 'm the first vote. Nevermind..
Still 100% after 5 votes :P
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

Looks like we are all...
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

world domination by one google search at a time!

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

garmabeaneth wrote:world domination by one google search at a time!
:P 8)

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Whats a search engine :-s :scratch:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

tunebud wrote:Whats a search engine :-s :scratch:
Well, 7 people seem to think that there is none other than Google :P

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

On this PC if I highlight a word,or words,then right click it has an option to search google. I wonder sometimes why it don't offer other searches?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

tunebud wrote:On this PC if I highlight a word,or words,then right click it has an option to search google. I wonder sometimes why it don't offer other searches?
Do you use Firefox?

Firefox and Google have a partnership. If I recall, the default homepage of Firefox is a custom Google page. Inversely, Google advertise some Firefox products.

garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

any thoughts on the new firefox? its a tad different trying hard to get used to it.

p2p-sharing-rules

I'm liking it so far.I didn't care too much for the awesome bar(the new url search bar).If you prefer the old FireFox 2 one you can get an add-on here that'll change it to look like the FireFox 2 version.I've read that there's some exploits that have been discovered in it already.I hope they patch them asap.
I'm still waiting for my old FireFox 2 theme to updated to work in FireFox 3.When I 1st installed it it didn't detect the Quicktime plugin, but uninstalling & reinstalling Quicktime Alternative fixed it.It detected the RealPlayer plugins so I didn't have to reinstall Real alternative.Chatzilla & NoScript worked in FireFox 3 too without having to wait until they were updated to be compatible with FireFox 3.

Tune if you go to the search bar in the upper right hand corner of FireFox you can select another search engine to be used when you right click in FireFox.If you want to add torrent sites search engines check out this link.I couldn't find any on addons.mozilla.org.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy on Safari at the moment, but next time I use Windows I might have a look at Firefox 3. When is the global download day? Or has it passed?