My Rig

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

had to make some modifications....
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

lol nice
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
moongirl

Colourful...looks complicated!! :D
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

i'm impressed that you don't have any dust bunnies in there!
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm looking at the laptop. It has exactly the same keyboard as mine!
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

garmabeaneth wrote:i'm impressed that you don't have any dust bunnies in there!
Thanks Garmy, today I have learnt something else.
I had to Google dust bunnies. This is a good article:
http://www.nowpublic.com/life/dust-bunn ... oints-view

I just call it electronic dust and I hate it the most for its clingyess & hidiness!! :twisted:

Wouldn't it be perfect if all electronic gadgetry came with a miniature, super dust-sucker
to get it before it attaches to the powerboards, cords & every little nook and cranny that you can't reach...or see?
Omg I'm looking for it now...
Must join the 12 hops programme :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
p2p-sharing-rules

lol sweet
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

LOL we folks over the pond have weird terms!

Layzie Bone

battye wrote:I'm looking at the laptop. It has exactly the same keyboard as mine!
hmm, would yours be a jetbook?

I LOVE my lappy, it is off the hook

best of all i paid $100 for it and it is only 1 year old, the guy who sold it is a retired airline pilot, i guess money to him doesn't really mean anything, hell the last laptop he went to sell he ended up giving away for free because never came back to get his money.

As far as the dust bunnies go, i dont have any yet I've only had my system in the case for about 3 weeks, but my room is dusty.

I have my tower, monitor, router, satlite modem, and phone on 2 650VA Sycom Batttery backups. I might in time add a third to do my tv, and a few other small electronics.

I have the largest gathering of electronics in one place, seriously.

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

My laptop is an HP Pavillion, and it's performed very well for the last 4 or 5 years. Of late it just became too slow though, hence the upgrade to an iMac.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

:lol: I will send you some wire ties, not to dis you in any way but being in the cable industry looks like a nightmare to me. don't you hate holding one end and traceing it to the next? nice setup though 100 you can not beat that. Next time let me know and I will buy :wink:
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

wow, you spin vinyl!

Layzie Bone

tunebud wrote::lol: I will send you some wire ties, not to dis you in any way but being in the cable industry looks like a nightmare to me. don't you hate holding one end and traceing it to the next? nice setup though 100 you can not beat that. Next time let me know and I will buy :wink:
Are you saying my tie job looks like a mess? Well can you imagine what it looked like before? Hahaha! At least now I can reach my hand in and be able to get it out without getting it tangled in wire and rip the TV off the wall mount....
battye wrote:My laptop is an HP Pavillion, and it's performed very well for the last 4 or 5 years. Of late it just became too slow though, hence the upgrade to an iMac.
It's 4 -5 years old and a iMac! An iMac, what's wrong with you, dont let them make you part of the collective, they want to turn you into BORG! But really anything that old and being a lappy is doomed to be slow, the hard disks generally are the culrpit, hell my lappy can be slow at times without reason, and others and runs damn sweet.
garmabeaneth wrote:wow, you spin vinyl!
I know. I'm kinda having a little fun with it, going to look into buying 311 - Transistor on Vynl, yes you can find new Vynl's, they're out there. It's not that I think they sound better, but I just like the way they sound, and it's not the pops and crackle's. Look at it this way, after man is gone, or if we have some sort of nuclear fallout to where computers are wiped out are become useless, I think I can find ways to listen to music, we'll have turntables again before iPod's. Yeah turntable in the face, mr. iMacAttack!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Layzie Bone wrote:I know. I'm kinda having a little fun with it, going to look into buying 311 - Transistor on Vynl, yes you can find new Vynl's, they're out there. It's not that I think they sound better, but I just like the way they sound, and it's not the pops and crackle's. Look at it this way, after man is gone, or if we have some sort of nuclear fallout to where computers are wiped out are become useless, I think I can find ways to listen to music, we'll have turntables again before iPod's. Yeah turntable in the face, mr. iMacAttack!
I like vinyl - I have a few records myself :?

Layzie Bone

Yeah they do sound pretty damn good if they're not scracthed up and you have it EQ real well...