My Rig

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

Seems to me the only thing missing is a fridge....
... and a bedpan.
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

pokesthelippyfish wrote:Seems to me the only thing missing is a fridge....
... and a bedpan.
I did have a fridge, but I am out of room, seriously. The other half of my room consists of a couch, which i sleep on, a 10-gallon aquarium (no fish), my collection of computer parts, cables, anything you can imagine, I have 17 ac adapters in a drawer that are unaccounted for.
John Riddler
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker
Location: I come from a place were there is a saying, and it goes "From here on there be Dragons"

wow wish you could of seen mine a year or 2 ago, i had everything mixing decks, EQ's, tape decks, VHS video recorder, home made sound system where all 5 channels were powered by a 200 watt car apmlifires and dont forget my ham radio equiptment that was on the desk more wires than the nasa space station has and somewhere under there was a computer there was more but its not worth putting down as people will start to think im makeing it up LoL

now i just have a boring old laptop well not old.. but its a dell
dell XPS M1710 with... uhhh vista
soon as the inshurance runs out off comes vista and on goes XP heh
allso run a server for my winmx chat room thats an old 500mhz laptop with windows 2000
it does its job..

wonder if i have a picture somewhere on one of my old hard disks... hummm
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Layzie Bone wrote:
tunebud wrote::lol: I will send you some wire ties, not to dis you in any way but being in the cable industry looks like a nightmare to me. don't you hate holding one end and traceing it to the next? nice setup though 100 you can not beat that. Next time let me know and I will buy :wink:
Are you saying my tie job looks like a mess? Well can you imagine what it looked like before? Hahaha! At least now I can reach my hand in and be able to get it out without getting it tangled in wire and rip the TV off the wall mount....

No the second pic the wiring looks a bit better ( I see the bunch's in ties) than the first pic showed to the back of the H/D. I am a stickler over the way wiring looks an that each has a label on both ends of the connection (just makes it a lot easer and faster to locate). I don't like the idea of the microwave you did say you had a SAT or the coffee maker above the H/D and the cup setting on it. The idea of liquids around any electronics is a no no. Thats why it's called an Accident :wink:
Layzie Bone

tunebud wrote:
Layzie Bone wrote:
tunebud wrote::lol: I will send you some wire ties, not to dis you in any way but being in the cable industry looks like a nightmare to me. don't you hate holding one end and traceing it to the next? nice setup though 100 you can not beat that. Next time let me know and I will buy :wink:
Are you saying my tie job looks like a mess? Well can you imagine what it looked like before? Hahaha! At least now I can reach my hand in and be able to get it out without getting it tangled in wire and rip the TV off the wall mount....

No the second pic the wiring looks a bit better ( I see the bunch's in ties) than the first pic showed to the back of the H/D. I am a stickler over the way wiring looks an that each has a label on both ends of the connection (just makes it a lot easer and faster to locate). I don't like the idea of the microwave you did say you had a SAT or the coffee maker above the H/D and the cup setting on it. The idea of liquids around any electronics is a no no. Thats why it's called an Accident :wink:
The coffee maker is between my monitor and the stack of tape deck, vcr, and EQ. I haven't used it since, hmm, a while....

One thing, I should have used velcro ties, so I can easily undo or redo the wiring, now I'll have to use snippers to undo....
I probably wont be doing much with it, it's tied, and I dont have a reason to be snipping....
John Riddler wrote:wow wish you could of seen mine a year or 2 ago, i had everything mixing decks, EQ's, tape decks, VHS video recorder, home made sound system where all 5 channels were powered by a 200 watt car apmlifires and dont forget my ham radio equiptment that was on the desk more wires than the nasa space station has and somewhere under there was a computer there was more but its not worth putting down as people will start to think im makeing it up LoL

now i just have a boring old laptop well not old.. but its a dell
dell XPS M1710 with... uhhh vista
soon as the inshurance runs out off comes vista and on goes XP heh
allso run a server for my winmx chat room thats an old 500mhz laptop with windows 2000
it does its job..

wonder if i have a picture somewhere on one of my old hard disks... hummm
You know I had the same idea using the car amps, although, the 200 watt amps I can get a wally world (walmart) are $50 last time I was over there, that's $250, and my theatre system that comes with all the stuff, costs the same amount. ALthough I will say that the speakers that come with it aren't the greatest, they're good, but they could get a whole lot more bang out of the 1000 watts with better speakers. The only problem with having better speakers is space.
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

tunebud wrote:... coffee maker above the H/D and the cup setting on it. The idea of liquids around any electronics is a no no. Thats why it's called an Accident :wink:
I was thinking the same thing. Of course, my next thought was "I bet I could drink lots more coffee if I didn't have to get up for each cup." Now that I think about it, that might be another good reason to keep Mr. Coffee in the kitchen.
Layzie Bone

nesman wrote:
tunebud wrote:... coffee maker above the H/D and the cup setting on it. The idea of liquids around any electronics is a no no. Thats why it's called an Accident :wink:
I was thinking the same thing. Of course, my next thought was "I bet I could drink lots more coffee if I didn't have to get up for each cup." Now that I think about it, that might be another good reason to keep Mr. Coffee in the kitchen.

But see it's right next to me and I still dont drink hardly any coffee :lol:

No but really I just never get into the habbit, I'm lucky to get up in the morning, i didn't know i was supposed to do anything else :P
Layzie Bone

You know I can't believe I didn't post my new rig, I mean the one in my signature which needs to be updated a little bit....
In case I change my signature in the future to something more interesting :P here are the current specs:
MSI P7N-Diamond Series Motherboard
Intel Core2 Ext. 3 GHz (Clocked at 3.6 GHz)
4 GB DDR2
7 Hard Drives...
150 GB WD VelociRaptor (SATA)
750 GB Seagate (SATA)
1 TB Seagate (SATA)
1.5 TB Seagate (SATA)
250 GB Seagate (USB)
500 GB (USB)
1 TB (USB)
We also have...
MSI TwinFrozr GTS250 1 GB GDDR3
SoundBlaster X-Fi (PCIe)