Firefox...is it really needed?

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I won't install Firefox on Mac... I'm scared it will freeze as much as it did on XP :(

Safari seems fine for general web browsing.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Firefox had a crashing issue in Linux on my computer. the problem is the Flash plugin. I installed Flashblock so I only run Flash that I want, instead of logos, ads, and random widgets. Problem solved.

I've also used Flashblock on our older computer because a few Flash ads really eat up the processor.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

I've tried Safari and it is pretty nifty but limited in terms of add-ons. I tend to test any new browsers / applications, etc on spare PC first. ;)

The only problem I got with FF3 at the moment is the annoying "Firefox has encountered a problem... blah, blah" when I close the browser. Tried disabling add-ons (which is normally the underlining cause according to many forums) and still getting it. Apart from that, it's quick to start-up, fast loading of sites, etc.
If you don't ask...