Free Demo's

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone want to play some of Microsofts free games? They're only small to download which is good, about 25MB I think :D

I have the trial of Midtown Madness 2, it's not bad and has a multi-player function :)

At least we can get the CricketMX Multi-Player off the ground, because I don't think we've started yet.. have we?

Click Here To Download!
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

if it gives you the option 2 enter the serial let me know and ill sort you out

think we do need 2 get it up and runnin, i am ready just waitin for every1 else and for this 14.2 gig DL to finish :?
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

What file are you downloading that is 14.2 gigs :shock:
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

angel the completre sereis!

season 2 and 3 @ the moment, just got 1 and 4 to go

2nd season = 8647.2MB
3rd season = 5677.5MB
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boozybaz wrote:if it gives you the option 2 enter the serial let me know and ill sort you out
For the demo, it'll last forever, you just can't do everything. Do you know what I mean? Like you can only use two cars, and only one section of the city :(

However, I do have the full version of Midtown Madness 1, and from memory there was a multi-player bit :)

Thanks for the offer though :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

some demo's have this option, not very common with games although i have seen it, its mostly for demo applications! if you want racing games i have need for speed hot pursuit 2, and underground

both are cool, but underground ****** rulz,, its a replica of 2 fast 2 furious!

and my car rulz also, :lol:

acura RSX moded up 2 the max 180mph top speed and thats without my wet shot of NOZ
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hey Battye,
excuse me if I sound (duh). But do you mean that you guys play games with each other online here?
I am new to this kind of stuff, and it sounds kinda interesting, how does it work, is this Midtown Madness 2 easy? and does everyone have to be online at the same time? Do you have partners? How long does it usually take to paly a game?
Just curious :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, playing computer games online :)

Midtown Madness 2 is quite easy, you just need a working keyboard. We do need to all be online at the same time though. I can't give much more info about it because I haven't done much MP, maybe Boozy will know a bit more :)

In the trial of Midtown Madness 2, it lasts about 8 min. before you have to restart the game :(

Blade420
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Demo games are ok but as battye mentioned they are not the FULL version. Plus when you decide you want to uninstall the demo you have problems of it leaving missmatched files here and there. I'm in a gaming clan on winmx and get full versions of games. Still on 56k atm but if there is a game your online gamers want to try out let me know and ill see if i can hook one of you up with it. And the rest of you can then get it from them.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

battye wrote:Yeah, playing computer games online :)

Midtown Madness 2 is quite easy, you just need a working keyboard. We do need to all be online at the same time though. I can't give much more info about it because I haven't done much MP, maybe Boozy will know a bit more :)

In the trial of Midtown Madness 2, it lasts about 8 min. before you have to restart the game :(

ok well basically all we do is find the person witht he fastest net, out of the regulars i think its me or grinch, and when freez is here id say its him

but the host opens the game and a mulit-player and he gives his/her IP address 2 the ppl playin, they start up the game chosse MP enter the IP address and they join the game simple as, or you can join a dedicated server on gamespy or somet like that, but you get loads of ppl there and some will whoooop your asses, i had my ass whooped there many times!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can't you just do it through Msn Messenger?

If you don't have an account, create one here

Then add one of us to your contacts list, and we can just invite everyone to one conversation, then click "Play Midtown Madness 2" (Needs to be installed first :wink: )

Saves adding people with dynamic IP's all the time, MSN will just do it all for you 8)

Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

well that is a option i guees, if it features as part of MSN, and if every1 has the same ver. of MSN

would just be easier with 1 host and the rest entering his/her server
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Either way is simple IMHO. The hard part is coordinating a playing time.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

well @ weekends like i say im on till late which will be early'ish your time so im cool with that if you boys and girls are
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I am wrong on this?
It kinda sounds like my connection might have a big role to play in this...like if I wanted to play with you guys, maybe I could'nt or I would drag you down becuase I am a 56k dial-up?
Correct if I am wrong.
sorry, just really new at the online gaming thing. :?
Do you have Frog Legs?