An Appeal and a Proposal

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

I didn't particularly like the descision a moderator made about one of my posts, I don't plan to make a big deal about it, I did send him a PM explaining to him why I thought he was wrong. Anyway, this somewhat sparked an idea, and it's somewhat like a board government, gives visitors and members rights, particularly appealing to the site director (which is described as the Chairman in the Articles). Originally I planned to try to ratify it on my site, and I sound like a damn politiain here, but I think if it's kept mainstream and everyone abides by it, it should work well. I do realize most things run smooth enough on this site, there aren't real big issues, and it probably isn't 100% necessary, but it's more intresting, give some people a sense of nobility, or something like that. Anyway, this is what I came up with, and you can do whatever you wish to it, change it, trash it, ratify it, maybe change the title of it...I think I'm begining to agree with you guys, I really am crazy :P

The Articles of Unanimity
This day, 26th day of August in the year of two thousand four, the board government of [board name] shall be established to restore visitor and members rights to post. The board government is strictly for users rights of posting and retrieving information and sending information.
Article I
Section 1. The board government shall consist of the site owner, titled as Chairman. The Chairman shall choose a vice chairman that will assist the chairman. Based on registered members and site traffic the board government has the option of adding more members to the board government. The position shall consist of: Chairman, the main director, the position holder will make all or any calls that he or she chooses to make. The vice chairman shall assist the chairman on their decision. The Board Speaker, if needed shall make all decisions public and will report to the chairman any conflicts with a decisions made by the chairman or vice chairman.
Section 2.The chairman has the option of assigning a member a judicial position. The judge of the board government shall deal with conflicts between members and visitors. The judge will decide which party is guilty or at fault. The judge will inform the chairman of their decision and recommend the action needed to take. The judge shall not take action against the members without consent of the chairman of the Board Government.
Article II
Section 1. The visitors have the right to post anything they feel is needed and cannot be harmful to other visitors, members, or officers of the Board Government. The visitors have the right to post information from or to this site, assuming that the visitor uses a link back to its originating site, and complying with a foreign site’s policies and regulations.
Section 2. The visitor shall not post anything that poses a threat, harm, slanderous to anyone who is affiliated with the board. Posts that threaten the board and users well being will be removed. Hacking into this site or server is a criminal act, and will be dealt with severely and accordingly to the United States Law.
Section 3. The visitor may appeal to the Vice Chairman of the Board Government if the visitor feels that the action taken be an officer is unjust. Board appeals shall take place either by email, or in the Appeals section of the board. The appeals shall be dealt with by the Chairman and Vice Chairman and will make a decision dealing with the appeal. Posts that were removed or edited, locked, may not be able to be changed over to the original post due to data loss. However, in the event of such cases the user shall be granted permission to redo the post they made.
Section 4. The Board Government does not and shall not discriminate against a user’s ethnic background, religion or cult, martial status, voting status, country of origin, age group, sex, computer system, hobbies, contributions, or monetary status.
Article III
Section 1. Officers who is either unreliable, causing chaos, damaging the community of the Board, disrupting Board activities, or has vanished from the Board, will be voted to be relieved of their position of the Board Government. The officer being voted against shall not participate in voting. Other Officers shall vote and decide.
Section 2. An Officer who has committed and proven guilty in a heinous crime in their home country shall be voted to be removed from their position.
Article IV
Time to time the articles may need to be amended, therefore, the amendment shall be publicly voted for, 2/3 of the vote must be for the amendment. Depending on the outcome of the vote, if the amendment is passed the amendment must be publicly displayed on the site along with the Articles. If the amendment is not passed it must be posted publicly along with the Articles showing that it was not passed.
Article V
Ti ratify the Articles of Unanimity 2/3 of the total members must vote and 2/3 of the vote must be for it. Votes cannot be changed, altered in any way. Polls shall stay open for 1 week.
StorbinC
Nice Guy
Nice Guy

ya go do that on your own board .... this board is running fine the way it is right now.

also you have way to much time on your hands
sometime u feel like a nut
ImageImage
sometimes you don't
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Article IV:

You're basically saying that the members choose whether the topic should be edited, that defeats the whole purpose of having moderators. How would you feel if someone on your forum posted:
This site ***** sucks, get a ***** life
Nobody wants to see that there for a week while the 'decision is pending'.
Layzie Bone wrote:Section 1. The visitors have the right to post anything they feel is needed
The way the forum is currently set up is working very nicely.

I am very happy with the way my Moderators support, and moderate this forum. There aren't many occasions when a post has to be edited or locked, which is a good thing, it shows our members are very reliable. When the need arises though, the Moderating team are onto it :)

Too many rules can often make people confused, I want people to enjoy themselves here, not get confused :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

well, there you have it. :) I wonder what my users will think of it. Basically it just eliminates the possibility that a moderator (and I'm not picking on anyone here) has a strong opinion and decides to lock, delete, this person(s) topics, posts, obviously on any board the moderator will be trashed anyway, but it's done how shall I say a more professional, well processed way. I would say it would work better with a board with younger age groups where crap always gets stirred up (like boltsucks.com) that way no one can really complain, the board voted you out, rather one person make a desicion.

Yeah I have too much time on my hands, i should be doing something rather than make an Article and Bill of Rights and junk.

But your concern about Article II about appeals to post removals, lockings, editings, etc. Basically the user will apeal to the "chairman" saying so and so removed my post, I dont think it should have been removed, and so on. The chairman will bring his case to the rest of the board officers and they will discuss and vote whether the action was right or wrong. But because if the post was deleted or edited, only thing a person can do is say go ahead and redo your post. Naturally the chairman can propose admendments to the articles (similar to the constitution of the US) to "perfect" things. I'm sure there are loopholes like hell in it.

I do think your moderators do a good job doing what they do, one of them removed my post from advertising, likewise I didn't like it, I PM him about it, basically saying I didn't agree with his action, and I did have good points, but the bottom line was in a way I'm still advertising.

but hey, wasn't a bad idea, eh?
Layzie Bone

Article V the week thing is simply just to ratify the articles into the forum, not for any poll.
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

wanabe wrote:I do think your moderators do a good job doing what they do, one of them removed my post from advertising, likewise I didn't like it, I PM him about it, basically saying I didn't agree with his action, and I did have good points, but the bottom line was in a way I'm still advertising.
For your information the move was also approved with a higher ranked person on the CMX Admin Team. Obviously you agree with yourself about your "good points" but I didn't. The thread you posted was clearly an advertising scoop and didn't have any constructive value.

CMX is a discussion forum, not a "Layzies Favourite Links" site.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a universal forum, believe it or not many people that are registered here are not citizens of America :wink:
That's why we won't be driven by a constitution
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

Bacon wrote:
wanabe wrote:I do think your moderators do a good job doing what they do, one of them removed my post from advertising, likewise I didn't like it, I PM him about it, basically saying I didn't agree with his action, and I did have good points, but the bottom line was in a way I'm still advertising.
For your information the move was also approved with a higher ranked person on the CMX Admin Team. Obviously you agree with yourself about your "good points" but I didn't. The thread you posted was clearly an advertising scoop and didn't have any constructive value.

CMX is a discussion forum, not a "Layzies Favourite Links" site.
I'd sure as hell like to know what happened to the people I used to know. It may not be a big deal, but I will let someone know what's on my mind, I may be wrong.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Personally rules suck. It's one thing to put word filters in but it is another to develop a "bill of rights" for a forum. Myself and the other moderators use our good judgement to decide whether or not a thread should be edited or locked. If we cannot make that decision on our own we will consult battye. This forum rarely ever needs it. I think I have edited posts maybe twice since becoming a mod here. I saw your thread before it was locked but I wasn't quite sure what the post was about so I didn't touch it. If I knew its purpose I would have edited myself. If your "bill of rights" works on your forum then good on ya but if I were a member I wouldn't appreciate it.
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

Well wanabe, regardless of how many times you say "I don't wanna make a big deal of it", you are. You know my reasonings for clearing the thread and its final. You could have simply said 'yep ok, it was a bit of a lemon of thread' and left it at that, but no, you continue to make threads and posts whining and bitching about, even you claim "not to be making a big deal of it".

Stop trying to appeal to the deletion of the thread via, as you say, crazy threads. I can bet $100 this thread wouldn't be here if I didn't clear your post, because this is your way of appealing and have a good bitch about Big Mean Bacon. You PMed me, which was the right thing to do, until you made this thread purely for the reason of having a good whine.
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Well now, you guys cant say I didn't predict that it wouldn't be long before he started stirring the sh*t up again. :wink:
:lol: <---- Freez having the last laugh, as usual.
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Hummm...

Well from a members point of view on the way things go here I love this forum. I think the mods do a GREAT job here and are completely fair in there decisions. I have to say that I would hate to see a "bill of rights" for many reasons but mostly because it is not needed. One of the reasons I love this forum is because the way people treat each other on here is on a higher standard than any bill of rights could ever be.. respect and compassion and a sense of treating others better than you would want to be treated. We have a great thing here and above all its no secret who really runs this forum and who works his self hard to keep it great and that is our Battye... :wink:

So my vote is a huge NO to a bill of rights!!!

I wonder why you feel things are so censored here... would this post of yours be here still if it was as bad as you say..? :-k
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

Very well said, and very true me here. This isn't some out of control country we're talking about here, CMX is a forum and is going fine the way it is. The only reason wanabe wants to make these new 'everyone votes' rules is so he can try to undermine the decisions of the moderators and admin.
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

:wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bacon wrote:Very well said, and very true me here.
Agreed :)
Bacon wrote:This isn't some out of control country we're talking about here

:lol: :lol: :lol: