HTML usergroup

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, checking your new one now :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Again, great job!

Are you getting that --WEBBOTSELF-- thing with the drop down menu?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

that is probably where it came from.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Front Page has the ability to make a drop down, the problem is getting the selection to go to a web page. It wants to e-mail the results. Also the reason I kept getting the webbot error thing is because there was no FP extensions I am thinking. There is probably a script out there that will do what you want. I have some resources I will look into if I get the time here at work which may not be easy. I got tasked with a bull$hit job today so I will be busy for the most part.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see you uploaded the buttons and logo, looks good. It's kind of nice to see your work on the net. :mrgreen:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah it does look good eh 8)

And this is on its fourth page :shock:

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any chance you will use the revised one?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah I will. I just noticed though, where's the link to Vladd? :oops:

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oops :oops: I guess one more revision is in order. Will be done tonight. Is Vladd the only friend of the forum? I figured there would be more.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Click here to find out why :)

If you have a site and you want it listed PM me.

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I understand now. I had major PC probs last night and didn't get around to working on anything so no new revisions today.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't worry about it! You've done a great job already :D

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

here is something I got from a webmaster forum on your drop down menu idea for changing themes on the homepage. I have no idea how to implement it but if I get time this weekend I'll give it a shot. I have access to the code for all the themes created already so I can play around with it. Hopefully I'll learn something and figure this out.

For your style-sheet-switching pleasure, A List Apart offers the Switcher, a piece of JavaScript that dynamically changes page styles. Functional as it is, it quite unfortunately relies on the user to have both JavaScript and cookies enabled. There’s not much we can do about the cookies, but we can sidestep client-side processing with a little help from PHP.

PHP is a scripting language available on many, many servers. It’s fast, it’s free, it’s open source and it handles everything on the server side, so there’s no need to worry about users who have disabled client-side scripting in their browsers. If you’re not sure if your host has PHP installed, just ask them!

STAGE ONE: Setting styles
The first step is to create a new file on your server named switcher.php and paste the following code into it. (Line wraps are marked ». –Ed.)

<?php
setcookie ('sitestyle', $set, time()+31536000, »
'/', 'yourdomain.com', '0');
header("Location: $HTTP_REFERER");
?>
When it’s queried, this file will write a cookie for the user detailing which site style to use. The cookie is set to expire in one year, and then the script sends the user back to the referring page. All of this happens behind the scenes, so the user will never really “seeâ€
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll need to look at that very closely. Very interesting, thanks Grinch 8)

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

The drop down menu script works. All we need to figure out is the switching script and determine what the default theme will be. I am assuming Subsilver.