HTML usergroup

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Joshua
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

I have extensive Microsoft FrontPage Knowledge and am willing to design the homepage :P
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's great, do you think you could work on making a Solaris theme for our homepage?

This is what to do: To see the basic layout, go to http://www.battye.jmstacey.net and to see Solaris go to Profile up the top, scroll down and you will find a place to choose your theme, select Solaris, get the source code of that and pretty much tranfer everything :)

If that was confusing, just reply to this with what you don't understand 8)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Igloo looks good battye.8) I am hoping to work on the theme switching thing today or tomorrow. Hopefully I get some time.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It sounds good 8)

I'm wondering if we could make this a universal thing? Having the theme changer on every homepage in the top right or something? Do you think that adds more hard work, or is that what it was meant for all along? :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was going to add it to all of them. That way if they don't like the theme they can change it right there. The way I am looking at it, once the cookie is written they are stuck with that them unless they delete the cookie and start all over. If it is on all the homepages they can switch whenever and rewrite the cookie. In theory anyways.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm liking this more and more :wink: :) :D

This is gonna be one cool set of homepages 8)

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Should be if I can get it to work :roll: It will be quite impressive.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you need the *.css files for this, or does it just redirect it to the appropriate homepage?

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I might need the css files. I will try without it but I may need them in the long run.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just tell me when you do because I can easily send them to you :)

And have a great birthday!! Image

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I added the dropdown menu. Now I have no idea how to get it to link to the homepages. I'll send you the new version. I think we need that switcher.php thing on the server. You might have to take it from here.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure, I'll upload it and do all the server related stuff :)

Congrats on the 3rd star :D

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I am the first one. :shock:

I just e-mailed you the revision, I added vladd as well.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Checking e-mail now :D

The suspense!

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool 8)

Where's switcher.php though? :?