HTML usergroup

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I added myself just then, I thought it was polite to ask the the group moderator first :roll:

I have also been playing a bit with it but no luck yet :(
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see you added something new to the forum, looks nice.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you talking about the new theme SubBlack, or the new folder icons in Appalachia? :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

The new post icon is different. You added sub black as a theme? Didn't notice. I'll have to look at that.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn that is black. you need your logo though.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know, but I need to put a black background behind the logo first :(

The new post icons should be circular, instead they're oval.. I don't get it :?

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was just playing around, I've come across something else we could use for our drop down menu :D

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh please tell me, I was going to work on Silver Xire and my Appalachia tonight since I have time. So give me the scoop and I'll implement. I'll even work on a sub black one for you, that one is easy.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think there might be something in this:

Code: Select all

<link rel="chapter forum" href="viewforum.php?f=2" title="Updates" />
But maybe changed to:

Code: Select all

<link rel="chapter forum" href="web address of theme" title="title of theme" />
What do you think? :)

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay you lost me a little because I don't read code. The second one makes sense. Basically, link to wherever you store the theme homepage in the drop down??? The first code makes no sense to me. :?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You see at the bottom of this page?

Jump To:

Well, that's code from that, understand? Because that's a drop down menu taking you to a different page 8)

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

:idea: :idea: :idea:
Now I get it. Definitely doable. So forget about the cookie bull$hit and go with something simple that we know works.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Exactly, however, I don't know what the opening tag for that small code is... I can't get view source off these pages, can you? :?
Last edited by battye on Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can add that to my themes, all I need is the locations of the theme pages so they will actually link up. That way I can test it at home instead of sending it to you, you editing the links and then testing it.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am looking at the code right now.