HTML usergroup

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you want me to PM you the javascript?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Got it, thanks :lol:
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a basic layout drawn out on how it will look on paper. Now all I need to do is transfer all that to FP and you will have your homepage in the appalachian theme. Of course drawing it on paper is always easier then actually doing it. I am still learning so it may take me longer then it should but I will not rest till it's done. Well, maybe a few naps here and there.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

wow sounds like i dont need 2 do anything, just sit back..chill..and boom some tunes out 8)

although... why are you makin a complete new page?? open the old 1 and take the source code and paste that into a new page and just edit the data... will knock loads of time off... :?
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a few ideas I am going to try out. Since he wants it based of a theme in his forum I have some creative thoughts on it. Though your suggestion will save time once the actual layout is developed. I'll send it to you as well for your review if you would like, just need an e-mail.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

ive already done it, changed the theme and added a little bonus, i emailed it
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very Nice Booz. I did mine based on appalachian. Since the original home page is gone I lost one link I was going to use but oh well. I'll e-mail it to battye just so he can see what was done. I was at work so I couldn't really work on it since FP isn't installed on our PC's and I don't know html. But good work Boozy, I like it.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Last night there was a new homepage and this morning the old one is back???? What happened? Battye, did you get the file I sent you on what I created last night? Hopefully you were able to open it. If not I'll send it to you again.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great job both of you, especially Grinch... I really like your Appalachian theme 8)

I've done Igloo myself.

Next task: A very simple one. Make a page with a form where you choose the theme you'd like. A drop down menu in other words. You're probably wondering what you're going to link it to;

Subsilver will be http://www.battye.jmstacey.net/index1.htm
Igloo will be http://www.battye.jmstacey.net/index2.htm
Appalachia will be http://www.battye.jmstacey.net/index3.htm

We'll worry about Silver Xire a bit later on...

Sound ok guys? Thanks :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Works for me. I might be able to get it done tonight if not definitely tomorrow. Only question is, will this be on the homepage or part of the login or where? I'll work on Silver XFire if you would like, once I figured out the code part of it, it is really easy to do. I am learning a lot, thanks for the opportunity. Also, I noticed my name in green on the index page down at the bottom where it lists who is online. Does this mean my status has changed on the forum???
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're part of the Web Site Team usergroup, and that group is moderator in both Updates and Site Comments forums. So in effect you are a moderator, even though you are still on the Frequent Poster rank.

With Silver Xire, make that your theme. Right click somewhere on the page and select View Source. Copy it all, go into FP, click HTML, paste it. Then do all the editing through there. If you have a better way by all means do it! :D

The selecting the theme for the homepage will be http://www.battye.jmstacey.net and you can choose the theme through that, am I making enough sense? :wink:

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Got ya. That is how I did the appalachian theme. Glad you like it. I didn't add any footer info, I figured I would leave that up to you. If you have a standard footer that you would like to use let me know and I will incorporate it.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The standard footer is:

This website and forum has been made by battye but footprints for the layout of the website homepage have been provided by FIC and WC.

The original design, subSilver, was made by phpBB.

Domain provided by Jon Stacey

© Battye 2004

Thanks for going to so much trouble! :D

Originally I was expecting if anyone was interested they would only work on it occassionally, and you've completed a whole theme in one day! :D

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, I forgot to mention. Feel free to add your name somewhere on it too, I mean, you created it!

Created by: grinch2171

Boozy; feel free to do the same.

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

battye wrote:Originally I was expecting if anyone was interested they would only work on it occassionally, and you've completed a whole theme in one day!
Quite honestly, it took about 2 hours. I tried doing it from scratch and that was frustrating the hell out of me. Then I took Boozy's advice on copying the source code and then editing. Once I did that it was simple. Then I would preview it in my browser, look at it real good and see what I can change to make it better, then go back make the changes, preview it again, so on and so forth. It was quite fun actually. I learned a little about HTML in the process which is a good thing.