The sollution for multisession based forumming for sociëtie

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Idea: Multi login sessions for public pc sluts that are socially abused by many who refuse to relogin every time (HOT or NOT)

HOT (go for it dude, make some money on these geniusses)
No votes
HOT You should keep it GPL
100%
NOT ***** im the BSOFH and don't like working the real automation includes low work pressure DUH
No votes
NOT I just don't feel for it for some other reason you bastard forgot to mention
No votes

Total votes: 1
Gabriël
Court Jester

:!: It's impossible to have 2 logins on a forum based upon phpBB ... especially with the same IP you won't get two logins easily BUT even though given the fact that this is abuseable, i do not tend to conform to lamers who phu<|<up the great possibility for proxy abusers to multi login ....javascript:emoticon(':supz:')
Super
back to the idea:
You need to create OBJECTS from your loggedin sessions .... These should contain classes and functions to ensure multi login is not abused (you webdeveloppers will have enough with this short instruction) Then there comes the magic, you make a new instance on every login based on browser windows (id, div, or whatever kewl multiview you might achieve with DHTML)
It's for mozilla AND IE and most others possible to uniquely identify the diffrent windows, frames, views, or targets .... NAME or ID the phuckers DUH ... but then again, maybe you don't feel like some serious coding, and you wish to contribute real EURO's to let me do it for you .... I have a concept, PSD and pseudo code already in development ....

:arrow: No obligations, just feel about it. (thinking destructs your instincts ... which are most often more right) :supz: :supz: :supz:
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who says you cannot have two or more logins on a phpBB forum with the same IP?
Gabriël
Court Jester

grinch2171 wrote:Who says you cannot have two or more logins on a phpBB forum with the same IP?
SO I presume you have the sollution ? That would be nice, cause we can't do IN WINDOW multi-USER environment with YOUR board .... plz. RTFM (read the phreaking message)
Gabriël
Court Jester

And for bringing you this terribly demonstruction of my kind of letting go info that could BE USEfull :idea: you might as well donate me some ... I'm a poor social worker with ICT èntangé
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am currently on a LAN at work. Each computer on the LAN has it's own IP address on the LAN, however on the internet each PC has the same external IP which is given to us by our ISP. I can be logged onto this website from two different PC's both registering the same IP address with two different usernames.

It isn't rocket science. You could do the same at home.
Gabriël
Court Jester

grinch2171 wrote:I am currently on a LAN at work. Each computer on the LAN has it's own IP address on the LAN, however on the internet each PC has the same external IP which is given to us by our ISP. I can be logged onto this website from two different PC's both registering the same IP address with two different usernames.

It isn't rocket science. You could do the same at home.
Ow dear .... please emphasise ... I know I can ... but I mean IN WINDOW (like in halo ... 2 accounts one above one beneath) with frames layers or whatever clever you might think of
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Let me see if I follow you. You mean that you want on your screen, at the same time, two browser windows each logged into a forum with a different username. I think when you mention Halo, you mean split-screen. Top half of the monitor shows one thing, and the bottom half shows something different?

I'd suggest using different browsers for different users, if possible. Otherwise, there is a user profile option in Firefox. I'm not entirely sure how to access it, and I've heard it's meant for extension developers so they can test different settings, but it might do what you want. Otherwise, I'm not sure that you can run two sessions in the same browser at a time.

If this isn't the case, maybe you could draw us a picture, or carefully re-read your post to make sure that all of your words should be used together. No offense, but you type like you've had too much coffee. :)
Gabriël
Court Jester

nesman wrote:Let me see if I follow you. You mean that you want on
If this isn't the case, maybe you could draw us a picture, or carefully re-read your post to make sure that all of your words should be used together. No offense, but you type like you've had too much coffee. :)
COFFEE MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT (Freddy vs. Jason)
Ofcourse, I'm a coffee addict ... well hell sue me.
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Gabriël wrote:COFFEE MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT (Freddy vs. Jason)
That's got me chuckling a little too loudly. Now coworkers are gettng curious. Must get back to work for a bit. :)
threewing
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Do as I did, bail out of the shift and come back here, can it be done? to have multiple user/account-windows up on one computer, and then post messages to or respond to posts off people who sit right next to you?
It would be like cool to crank up the total number of threads/posts that way, and of course annoy the living daylaights out of us all \:D/
/|\

/|\ has a strict policy concerning disclosure of identity, showing of
light sabers, affiliationado's, multiple account users, drinking buddies who
join the same community they see me visit for years, and board hoggers
(whatever that means).
The policy is: If it doesn't bother me, I don't give a flying f4ck.