Joining the forces and doing whats best for BitTorrent.

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Vulpes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hey there guys.
I have heard that you walked into a snag with the tracker so I have a proposition to make. Please hear me out.
Since I see that Grinch is struggling to get the tracker back up (hey, I’m having problem with filebreech tracker as well). I have resources to run a tracker and do it efficiently and attractively to outside visitors, you guys have the talent of a moderating and knowledge of BitTorrent, so here is my offer. I am offering my hardware and software support in turn for that talent. By that I mean taking down your BitTorrent sections in return for moderation of All BitTorrent and Release/Rquest forums for the whole "Tracker Team". I am not sure who is in charge of that particular section of the forum, but if you are willing to consider, please contact me. As addition, to "sweeten the deal" If grinch wants to be more involved in coding aspects of the tracker, something suitable can be worked out.

Let me know :)
poohbear
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

:idea: This is really cool of you Vulpes
This could lead to something "Beary Beautiful" here :wink:
I sure hope things can work out well. Maybe, can there be a
link on one or the other to get to the tracker & just merge it?
Not sure, just a suggestion. Grinch seems to be very good with
this & enjoys it too. =D>

Oh Vulpes, I'm thinking of something that I can do to bug ya more....
I'm starting to get bored & need some amusement :twisted: :twisted:
The WORST Forum Member........
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

sometimes the right thing to do isn't always the best... :wink:
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

maybe its just me but i dont see this..... you want this tracker to stop and the ppl here 2 moderate the BT section on filebreech??

i personally dont think it would work out
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

not only would not work out, it would probably crumble the site...although i might be thinking of it much to severly, but there would be indeed an effect...
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been resisting the urge to reply to this for some time and I think the time has finally come. So here it goes:

I am not going to join forces, not because I don't like FileBreech or Vulpes, but because I don't see how it benefits Bit Torrent. Before my home PC based tracker was shut down by the man, I received almost 200 hits in less then 24 hours and I had almost 200 registered users. I think that is impressive for a relatively small tracker. It also brought some recognition to battye's forum and people started registering. On another side of this, I am not doing this tracker to compete with FileBreech or any other tracker. I am doing it to learn something new. Vulpes seems to have a handle on all this code and stuff, I don't. I'm sure he could teach me a few things but there is no fun in that. I enjoy creating and learning things and was quite pleased with myself on what I have done so far. I definitely don't want all this to turn into some kind of war between the two forums, there is no need for that crap. There has been too much of it already and I am getting sick of it. Vulpes's offer was nice and all and I can somewhat see what he wants but I declined and he already knows this. Nothing against him or FileBreech, it's just not what I want.

Some of you may think that I am stupid for doing this but that doesn't matter. What matters is battye and his forum. I have put a lot of hard work in here and he appreciates that and I am not about to back out on him just because of a "sweetened deal". So that is my 2 cents on it for those of you that have been waiting to see what I have to say on the issue.
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I agree with you Grinch! I think things are very "nice" the way they are, I hav'nt been as active in the torrent thing as I should be, but that's because I still don't know what I'm doing. I am a slow learner, and one of these days I will just jump right in there. :wink:
Do you have Frog Legs?
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I dont usually visit this area of the forum but in passing i think i got to give my support to grinch on this, he is commited to what he is doing and a few hiccups dont signal the time to throw in the towel. Well done grinch i,m proud of you. Battyes got a good team around him.