Are we "Backing it up"

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

I'm just curious if the site is being backed up, we, I, everyone has seen what happens to site who dont get backed up. WinMXCommunity (Filebreech), my own site, and Jon Stacey have all been sacked from not having the site backed up. I'm probably the worst, and here I am preaching to someone else, like a smoker telling somone not to smoke. But back the site up, in a week's time, I've seen the site get practically 2,000 posts. And most of all put it on your computer, if the severs disk crashes are gets overwritten the backup will be overwritten as well (but you already knew that :wink:).
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I beleive Battyes record speaks for itself Wannabe, have you seen this site go down at all..lol
Backing up is common sense and we have plenty here. :D
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Every 3 - 4 days, always on my laptop 8)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

last time i backed was...probably last year...but the stuff I make, like the front page are on my computer...
Zeus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Does it take long to back it up and does it take up much space? like about this site battye has. just wondering since this was "brought up".
1 corona. Drink it up. Hurry up. When you got 1 corona you going get 2 coronasss. Yeah yeah yeah. Whoa. 3 coronas. 3 coronas. When you get to 36 coronas you see this girl walking to your house and before you know it you have a happy life time. YEAHHHHH!!!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is less than 35MB at the moment Zeus, and on Cable only takes a few minutes to transfer :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

in my case, and my site isn't quite that big (unless you include the music files) but I'm on 56k, so it takes me around an hour. And also since this forum has new posts on it all the time, the size of the back up always increase.
bittenapple
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Wow. I need to back my site up.. :P

Thanks for re-minding me.. heh.
http://www.habboaddicts.com/forum

BittenApple production's fan-base forums. I've downloaded 2 mods from here, check it out.