Some Homework :P

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

use JPEG or high color image format for your logo
get a good theme (template), i typically go for darker colors, it's like staring at a 100w light bulb in some ways, white paper and white screen aren't the same :lol:

If you got any ideas or something already, tell me tell me tell me...
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

add a counter, a good one both winmxcommunity and i use http://www.onestat.com
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the comments Layzie, I will add a counter, I was actually planning to get one from Xtreme Tracking, but I will look into OneStat. I know the logo doesn't look great, but it's all I have at the moment. I'll see what I can do about it though :)

Moved to Site Suggestions by Battye
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

not saying the logo is bad but it looks grainy becuase it's saved in GIF format, GIF only supports 256 colors, thats why you get all that grain crap...

you only have the forums, or so you have non forum pages, like index.html or something... it took me to jmstacey.net when i tried to do that...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Layzie Bone wrote:you only have the forums, or so you have non forum pages, like index.html or something... it took me to jmstacey.net when i tried to do that...
I'm not sure what you mean Layzie? When did it take you to jmstacey.net?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

when i tried to go to:

battye.jmstacey.net

what i mean by non forum is a page that is not in the phpBB2 directory...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.battye.jmstacey.net is working fine for me :?

Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

eh, i probably made a typo, it is working now...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was starting to get worried for a second, luckily it's ok 8)

Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

my mom said someone was looking for me, sounds like it was you, but who knows, if it wasn't you then i know who it was, if it was what ya need :lol:
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am sure someone around could come up with a nice logo for you. I would but it's not my cup 'o tea. So far the forum looks nice. It has a familiar setting. :lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I saved it, I saved it as gif. I didn't save a backup as bmp or another high quality format :cry:

So it looks like I'll have to try and make it again, which I'm not looking forward to :x