[WinMX] Using MX with Multiple Users

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Partial Recall
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi, got fed up with skateboards all over my screen so went for Xp and created Users for me and the kids.job done. Only problem I have now is that MX only works on one user, I keep having to log on as me then let them loose (now my shared files are full of sk8r rubbish!). Is there a work around that will keep everyone happy?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a way to allow winmx access to all users. Don't know how to do it off hand because I am not at an XP machine. As far as the shared folder I would suggest setting up seperate share folders, one for you and one for your kids. Have them download their crap to their shared folder and to leave yours alone. When you are online and don't want to share their folder just unshare it. They will have to share it when they log on to winmx. That would be the simple fix.
Partial Recall
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks, these kids have no taste! so generally no point in browsing theirs
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think to make winmx run on all the user accounts is to login as you and the right click the winmx.exe and select properties. There should be somewhere in there to change who can run the program. Should say something like run program as
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

lol u mean sk8r videos? or music?

isnt there a way to set it up where when u login as a different user certain programs only work on that 1 even if its installed on the comp? my friends dad had it setup that way and never told me how to do it....but i thought there was a way so u could install winmx to each user data file and have different login names on all of the different user values? idk maybe im jus speaking of dreams that will never happen :lol:
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen