utorrent download client

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

bristeena

What is seeds and leechers in utorrent download client? When ever i download a film i see a seed 0 and leechers 0 so want to know what does this mean.I have internet speed upto 2 mbps.Yet in utorrent the speed rise upto only 30 or 40 kbps.Does it depend on seeds or leechers.Please help me out.
Last edited by bristeena on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seeds are the number of people with the full file, leeches are people that have a partially complete file and in most cases are still (or currently) downloading it. So if you download a file with 0 and 0, that means nobody currently has the file so you won't be able to get it either.

Download speed is dependent on how many seeds and leeches there are typically. If there are a lot of each then you'll probably get very fast download speeds. I'm not sure of how it works precisely, but I think if you upload more then your download speed is more favourable.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)