HP and the BT vaccine

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

It looks like BitTorrent has a serious problem. Hewlett Packard.

HP have developed a "vaccine" to rid troubled networks of supposedly anti-social programs such as BT.
You can read about what the vaccine is, how it works and how effective it is over at TorrentFreak. I can imagine what will happen once ISPs get hold of this.

I think I hear funeral bells tolling. :(
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with most of the comments on the article you linked to. If this ever became widespread, stronger encryption and use of VPN etc would become more prevalent. I guess it's cat and mouse, really it's quite impressive that the BitTorrent protocol has remained intact for as long as it has - it's inevitable that at some point something will give and BT will change. I guess to some extent it is already heading that way, I've never used them myself but it seems magnet links are the natural descendent from the .torrent files.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)