blocking WinMX chat room spammer(s)

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

Someone or a group of people having been going around spamming chat rooms.
Pri a WinMX user has created a PG2 block list and Metis script for people who don't use PG2.

Here's a link to the mxpulse forum thread: Use PG2 Ban lists in Metis

I am using the PG2 block list in my room and haven't got any spam messages since I added the block list.
Whomever is responsible is using proxies to hide their real IP and I hope they quit their childish games soon.
Thank you Pri and whoever else helped him. :)

Latest version of Proxy Blocker by Pri is v1.0.7b released on the 14th of November 2010. See above link.
Update 6th of April 2010:
An Alpha version of v1.0 with Live checking is available. Ask for it at the Renegades Chat Room to receive access. The current version (v0.8 ) no longer receives definition updates from Pri, You need v1.0 or above to continue to receive definition updates.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the update P2P :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)