MUTE

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Been doing some reading up on anonymous p2p networks. After getting a call from my ISP wanting to discuss copyright infringement, I decided to lay-low, then I realize downloading for me is basically an addiction. Reading that all these anti-p2p people need is your IP not so much of knowing wether or not you have actually transmitted data or not. Thinking that peer gaurdian is going to keep the anti-p2p arses away is worse than not running peer gaurdian at all. Though peer gaurdian poses many useful purposes, such as blocking ads and spyware, and other nosey people, it doesn't make downloading safe. I tried 2 different cleints, and one didn't even run on my computer, found another called MUTE, which did run and connect, but so far haven't had much luck, the program crashed when i tried to cancel a search---since it wasn't finding anything.

So perhaps MUTE is going to be MUTED out since it doesn't seem to work too well... so far anyway

I'll continue to play with it and post any additional info if I find that it can work well...
Layzie Bone

Yeah MUTE blows, I searched for a common band "AC DC" and the result I got was something to do with Adobe Reader... :?

So after looking around I have come to the conclusion that the simplest way to do p2p is through hamachi which is basically a VPN, the question is though how do I find someone with Season 2 of 30 Rock?!

I'm just afraid I'll have the same luck that I had downloading CSI for my mom and get a nasty call from my ISP and potienally lose my internet... Being that 30 Rock is popular as well as CSI, and since this is the 2nd time I've been "caught" downloading... I was first caught downloading Sahara in 2005 at college and I was caught about a month ago on CSI, so it's time to get secured, no one will ever know what I'm doing on hamachi...

Also if anyone is interested in forming a network on hamachi with me PM me, and as long as I know who you are, and I know most of you, we're good to go...