Exclusive: WinMXWorld Announces The WinMX Community Patch

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

Tigg spoke to Zeropaid about the release of a new community patch..
Shortly after the shut down of the main server, a number of people in the community wanted to rebuild the network and put it back into operating condition. The problem was that there were two factions in the community that had two separate visions for the network. These entities were basically WinMXWorld and Vladd44. While the two separate factions in the community proved that there was going to be an effort to revitalize the network, it also unfortunately divided the network - not exactly the best thing to happen for an already fragile network.

There were different groups trying different solutions to bring the network back up and running. The work in this new patch is an effort to bring together these different groups together. There were developments including a prototype UNPNP and an improved filter during this time, but what about today?

"As you may be aware Drew we have been working for some time on replacing the entire system of connecting WinMX clients because of a dispute with the owner of the existing patch code," Tigger told ZeroPaid, "this has involved replacing the entire range of peer caches and increasing their number along with making some significant DNS fallback enhancements, all this has now been completed and the final stage of the replacement program has arrived, after many months of testing we have reached a satisfactory build of patch replacement, the result is something called The WinMX Community patch, and to mark our third anniversary since the official closure of WinMX Technologies we have decided to release it on the reconnection anniversary. On the 23rd of September we are releasing the new patch."
Zeropaid
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I want to add here that it's about time everyone came together to make WinMX work again. That was there main goal wasn't it?

Now that I said that I have tried and am using the new version which seems very stable. I have stayed online for 80hrs. + on the v3.54 beta 4 version. I could have been longer I believe but PC updates stopped that. I would suggest anyone who would like to catch up to old, or new friends try this version the chat functions works great.

Try to remember [those who still have unique want, and desire to keep WinMX alive] United we stand Divided we fall.

Adding to that anyone using MXMoni, or Leechhammer at this point is undermining what you as a Community(s) is setting out to do. Yes there are leeches, all p2p programs have them, but rebuilding WinMX will take allot of people sharing files giving freely to others so hopefully they will share them back on the network which will give greater search results for any file you want to find. And also having more than one source making the downloads faster, less drag on a single user, and shorter cues.