BitTorrent Developers Introduce Comcast Busting Encryption

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

Several BitTorrent developers have joined forces to propose a new protocol extension with the ability to bypass the BitTorrent interfering techniques used by Comcast and other ISPs. This new form of encryption will be implemented in BitTorrent clients including uTorrent, so Comcast subscribers are free to share again.
TorrentFreak

8) I hope the new encryption works to find ways to get around ISP's throttling of bittorent traffic.
I'm paying about 40$ + the phone bill to have a high speed internet connection & I'm getting throttled down to like 40kb/s during peak hours on bittorrent.After the peak hours are over my download speeds increases to about 500-600kb/s range.
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Can't wait for this one. :twisted: Comcast never really did give me any fits it is BellSouth and Roadrunner that have been a thorn in my side.
I am now with Bell down is great but the up to 1.1 is a few day job. maybe this is a [-o< answered
p2p-sharing-rules

Man that sucks Tunebud, 1.1kb/s upload speed :o ***** that'll take forever to reseed torrents.I'm glad Bell Sympatico doesn't throttle my upload speeds that bad at least for now.Once my contract with my ISP is over I'm going to try to find another ISP without monthly Bandwidth limits & one that doesn't Throttle p2p if that's even possible by the time my contract is up.I'm lucky I'm still on a unlimited bandwidth plan, but I still have to deal with them throttling p2p traffic during peak hours. :roll:
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

:oops: I meant a one to one ratio. But in a Kbs I still will see 28 to 30 Kbs at most, rarely any higher, and with 4 slots open to up from I don't pass at a very high bit rate.