Supernova to be revived by Pirate Bay

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

The legendary BitTorrent site Suprnova.org will be back in action soon. Sloncek, the former owner of suprnova.org decided to donate the domain to The Pirate Bay lads, who will relaunch the site in a few days, staying true to its original design. The return of a Legend.
http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay- ... prnovaorg/
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wonder if Suprnova will have the same impact it did a few years ago, or has time passed it by?

Certainly, Mininova and The Pirate Bay themselves would have benefited a lot from Suprnova's downfall... how many of the users will return permanently?

The next few weeks will be very interesting indeed for BitTorrent.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://suprnova.org/

It is alive and well. Looks a little different but who cares.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It looks active. Some torrents have 20,000 seeds... is that even possible? :shock:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has anyone tried Suprnova since it's revival?

I've tried it on occasion but always find myself returning to Mininova. The new Suprnova seems to have a lot of technical difficulties I've found, hopefully just growing pains.

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I have not tried it yet but I am glad to see another site back online. Nice of them to donate the domain.