Configuring Router

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Odd thing. Can't seem to connect on a secondary, however it is claiming I'm connected via primary. I can't search or do *****. I'm wondering if i need to forward ports 6699 and so on. My router is asking two questions for ports. Internal port, and external port, should those both be set to 6699 (TCP)?

So if anyone can help, I might also need some help on doing the same thing on getting my web server working on the net, but that's a seprate topic and I'll post it in the right place...
Layzie Bone

might want to supply this info. Router -> Linksys Wireless-G WRK54G
p2p-sharing-rules

wanabe
Yes you need to port forward your WinMX TCP & UDP ports.

check out this link Portforward Linksys WRK54G guide for port forwarding winmx in your router.
Hopefully it looks like yours.
Layzie Bone

i looked at the page and the screens are different my router isn't asking for an ip...which is weird, on the port triggering page, either the firmware needs to be updated or something is going wonky...
p2p-sharing-rules

Damn I was hoping that that wouldn't happen that it had a different config for the router then the example at portforward. :P

Did you ISP provide you the router and maybe uses costume firmware?
My ISP provided me with a Siemens 6520 router that uses costume firmware , so to port forward my router I have to look under Bell (Bell Sympatico is my ISP) then my version 6520 on portforward.com to get the right router config set up page for my router.

Here a link to linksys support for your version WRK54G, maybe that can help you or call your ISP.