Bluetack block list for PG2 blocking WinMX peer caches

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

If you're using PG2 with the bluetack p2p block list they're blocking all of the WinMX peer cache servers.
If your using PG2 with WinMX add the winmx world allow list to PG2.

For MXPie / hosts file users you've to manually browse to the PG2 p2p block list ,
click open list , right click the MXPie cache IP 205.238.40.0 -
205.238.47.255 & IP 205.238.41.6 & click allow permanently.

Another option is to completely remove the p2p block list from PG2 if you don't use the PG2 p2p block list for other p2p apps the you use and use the WinMX World block list instead.
p2p-sharing-rules

I checked PG2 & it isn't blocking the Pie patch IP range 205.238.40.0 - 205.238.47.255 & IP 205.238.41.6.
I asked in Vladd44's room an I was told it was removed from the Bluetack p2p block list.
They're still blocking the other WinMX Cache servers.
p2p-sharing-rules

Ghostship wrote IMPORTANT !!! Please Remove PG Or Protowall
Folks after trying my best to get Blutack to see reason it seems I have failed in my mission, they have secretly added all winmx peer caches to their blocklists and so anyone using their list will not be able to conect to winmx this is unjustified and just downright wrong.

Please act now and remove or disable the programs listed above until they stop playing god with ordinary users who are unaware that Blutack are abusing their trust.
Check out the above link for more info & read this thread on the bluetack forum for more info.
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

a thread not quite as in depth ... :

http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.php?p=91461
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
p2p-sharing-rules

Thanks for the link pokes. :D
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

glad to contribute :)
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Searcher
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I think its clear that nothing but hot air is emanating from the bluetak site, they are not willing provide reasonable info asked for and this leads to the conclusion they are acting as an anti p2p organisation.

On slycks site it was mentioned they are also blocking legitimate edonkey servers also so this is all the confirmation I require of their intentions.

I have ditched my copy of PG and will not reinstall it until the blocklists are under the control of PG itself.