NetEnforcer throttles encrypted bittorrent traffic

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

The traffic shaping battle continues. Allot Communications announced today that their traffic management device “NetEnforcer is able to detect, and throttle encrypted Bittorrent traffic.

Allot Communications states:
Previously, companies have been able to detect and manage applications based on the BitTorrent peer-to-peer (P2P) file transfer protocol. However, detecting encrypted BitTorrent
has been nearly impossible.

They continue:
Today, Allot is announcing that its NetEnforcer is the first broadband traffic management device to identify and help manage applications based on the encrypted BitTorrent P2P file transfer protocol.

Bittorrent traffic is consuming 40-60% of ISP’s traffic, and more and more ISP’s started to block, and or throttle Bittorrent traffic for this reason.

Earlier this year, the most popular bittorrent clients implemented RC4 encryption, to counter this bandwith throtteling. The bittorrent encryption seems to work pretty well, and the topic led to a heated discussion on this site.

NetEnforcer is a new weapon for the ISP’s in the battle for bandwidth. The developers of Azureus, Bitcomet and µTorrent have some work to do if NetEnforcer can live up to its expectations.
Source: torrentfreak

:shock: WTF's up with these ISP's the advertise that you download music , videos ect..using p2p faster then a dial up service then after you get the service they throttle your bandwidth :x .If I was on a throttling ISP I would be canceling my high speed service asap and would be looking for another ISP.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

p2p-sharing-rules wrote: :shock: WTF's up with these ISP's the advertise that you download music , videos ect..using p2p faster then a dial up service then after you get the service they throttle your bandwidth :x .If I was on a throttling ISP I would be canceling my high speed service asap and would be looking for another ISP.
The problem with that is, not everyone has a choice. My choice is Comcast Cable or dial-up. DSL and Fiber is not available in my area. So far Comcast isn't throttling. I was downloading a DVD at 300k the other day :D
p2p-sharing-rules

You're one of the lucky Comcast users that isn't Throttled , I hope they don't start throttling in your area next.