I'm Sorry I don't see a Revolution

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

This sounds like a "last samuri" type of deal to me.

Yes there are quite a few people willing to fight against the RIAA and MPAA and the Federal Government.

Morally speaking, I really dont think it hurts the record companies or artists as much as they're claiming. I thought it was disgraceful that Metalica sued those kids. One of the band members was bitching about "food being taken out his daughter's mouth." I'm sure you're that poor people, you only made 27 million on your last crappy album, you have nothing to complain about.

There's also the theory that artists dont get much return on thier work. I dont know what they get, but it's more than they make it out to be. No garage band had any sigificant money, yeah it took a lot of saving to buy the drum set and the amps, the gutairs and so on.

WinMX was probably one of the last p2p networks to get hit. Also one of the most secrective for it's size. How many of the estimated 60 million p2p users are willing to stand up to fight? How many people support the RIAA's postition? Naturally we're inclined to think no one could possibly support the RIAA. Well I tell you, they have quite a few of them.

I'll be honest, I feel bad for the band that is trying to make it big. Or someone who actually makes good music and isn't overrated and sold out. But the people like Metalica, Green Day, Good Charlottle and many other "pop" artists. Pop can anything, as long as it popular. You'll also notice that they dont stay popular very long since they sell out and their next album sucks.

I have no reason to doubt that the record companies could care less about what I think about music. The majority of sales, as well as where they're being targeted are kids, 12-17, college students too, after that you're dead to them. Kids don't know what music is, until they're exposed, which doesn't happen until they're older. I used to listen to a lot of the music I listen to today. The record companies make "pop" artists to make quick sales, make quick money and could care less if the garbage that they sell sounds like diarehea, thats about the consistancy of a lot of today's music, particularly, rap. The record lables have ruined rap. Although to a lot of people rap never was good. But you dont hear anyone with any real musical talent. Bone was the last ones that could sing, and they could sing great. Lil John can't sing worth a *****, all they do to make a record sale is to add some riffs and a ***** load of bass and they go platnum. Yeah some rap groups I listen to strictly for the bass. Rock has gone softer than Foriegner. I mean when Elton John, Foriegner, and Fleetwood Mac can beat the ***** out of green day and good charlotte, that's pretty pussy-like. People, rock isn't about being depressed and sensitive. It's about going to hell and beating the ***** out of people! It's about "feeling fine," and if you don't know what that means, you've been sheltered in a padded cell listening to green day's newest album since the day it came out. Feeling Fine means getting high. That's why the hiar bands like Motley Crue went big, Dr. Feelgood will make it allright.

Where did the R in ROCK go to, all we got now is OCK, which is the sound of me vomiting when green day sings "wake me up when september ends."

Getting back to my point. There's too many "big whigs" in all these organizations. They'll slowly get it to where people will be going to court in a losing battle. I mean if they have detailed logs showing you downloaded or ran a peer cache, what are you going to say in defense? I wasn't me? Ha! I couldn't even dare to try that over this tiny little deal about me downloading Sahara. I doubt you could pull any stunts. Unless you're a network expert and know how something like that could have been mistaken and can fool people into believing it did, whatever it is. I'm no dumbass, but I sure as hell couldn't think of anything off the top of my head.

I'm a freshmen, the IT people are majoring in this stuff, you think I could tell them a bunch of ***** and expect them to believe it? I don't know about you, but I have my doubts.

What's funnier yet. Rock stations, well, actually Rock Alternative, are playing clearly rap music on the radio. They played Outkast's Hey Ya! song on the radio. Don't get me wrong I like the song, but it's a rock alternative station. Unless they switched the name around to "alternative to rock." Last time, I think they're playing korn and system of a down, and things of that nature. Yeah, do that in your head. Play a soad song and then play hey ya! right after it. Tell me does it mix well?

People will bye Green Day's crappy new album and kiss Metalica's ass.