Oukas Chat Server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

RCMSConf.txt file contains the configuration file that the server uses, Config.ini is used to configure things for a menu that will appear if you right-click in the mian chat area of the screen.
Chatstartup.txt is used to preload commands into your channel as soon as it is opened instead of manually typing them all in.

Your problem with text replacement is this:
Word[15]="Server=#c21#Server#c1#"
Word[15]="server=#c21#Server#c1#"
You cannot do that.
$ReplaceTextOn$="Text Replace On"
$ReplaceTextOnNotify$="Text Replace Enabled!"
$ReplaceTextOff$="Text Replace Off"
$ReplaceTextOffNotify$="Text Replace Disabled!"
These aree inside the RCMConf.txt file, dont change these if you dont know what your doing, this is what is put into the channel as the commands are entered to either turn them on or off.
[Commands]
CmdNum=81
Coment="KuruKuru Commands"
Cmd[0]="#usercmd redirect "
This is eddittable in the Config.ini file, to access these commands put your cursor into the chat bar and either press page up / page down or you can use that little scroller ball thing in the middle of your mouse to cycle through them, Hope this answers your questions :)
Lunatic_UK1958 wrote: Users connect using WinMX, can co-hosts access any of the OUKA commands without having to type them?
Yes, I use MXChat or Nushi Chat as most people know it by, if you go back to page 8 of this post you will see an addon for it that I modifed speficially for to be used with Ouka's server, you do not have to manually type any command in they can all be either executed or they will be inputed into the main chat bar ready for you to hit enter by right-clicking a users name from the userlist :)
<Insert Abuse Here. . . >
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Cheers Jason, The Chatstartup and RCMS config are a puzzle to most folk,
but once set up, its a great server, great colours and easy operation :)
Galactic Overlord
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok Just Shoot Me Now......

I pulled a "newbie" and swapped port #'s for TCP & UDP in my router hence the problems hosting.....lol....

So I am back up and testing away Ouka ... So far it is pretty interesting but have a ways to go learning the in & outs of the server.
If I have Questions you all will hear from me again....lol

Again Thanx for all the suggestions and the help

Galactic Overlord
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

A big thanks go out to Ouka for another great update :)

New Commands:
#AdminCmd RCMSLimitationOff
#AdminCmd RCMSLimitationOn
These allow you to either turn off or on the following commands for regular users #motd, #topic, #nickname #message. Regardless to it being on or off + Admin and @ CoHost can still perform the commands.

RCMSConf.txt Additions:
$LimitationOn$="#Comd Limitation Enabled"
$LimitationOnNotify$="Commands Limitation Enabled!"
$LimitationOff$="#Comd Limitation Disabled"
$LimitationOffNotify$="Commands Limitation Disabled!"
Here is a link to download it from, PLEASE tell me if it goes down! :arrow: :wink:
Chatserver 4.50c.2005.03.19.1900

P.S I've only been using it for 5 minutes so theyre maybe some more updates to be added as I discover them! :)
Last edited by JASON on Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Insert Abuse Here. . . >
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Thanks jason for the info! :D :wink: 8)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I second that , Cheers Jason 8)
Been a busy week this week, nice to see Oukas is still hard at it. :D
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

upgraded last night and suddenly i cannot enter with robomx or mx control (winmx =ok) looks like norton systemwoks is interfering ...WHAT CHANGED??? (went back to the old setup and everything was fine again)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hi Joshua, welcome to the forum (I think we got another Joshua somewhere),
I havent heard anyone complain about this yet, but I,m sure Jason will rush in and answer your question as he runs many bots and gizmo,s in his room/channel
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thnx for the warm welcom :lol: been reading here for some time now never had a reason to post yet :P (that's a good sign)
TheHawks
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Joshua When entering with robomx or mx control
make sure that the IP Address Is Set To 127.0.0.1 & start
and Use the Room NAME That Ouka Is Runnig On
ImageImage
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Well the same problem here check this:
RoboMX wrote:[23:37:56] Connecting. Stand by...
[23:37:57] Starting handshake
[23:37:59] Login rejected :(
[23:37:59] Trying to reconnect. (Retry #01/03).
[23:37:59] Starting handshake
[23:38:01] Error. No chat server is running on the address specified.
[23:38:01] Trying to reconnect. (Retry #02/03).
[23:38:02] Starting handshake
[23:38:04] Error. No chat server is running on the address specified.
[23:38:04] Trying to reconnect. (Retry #03/03).
[23:38:04] Starting handshake
[23:38:06] Error. No chat server is running on the address specified.
I try to connect in Jason Chat Room Check what happen in the main chat:
Main Chat Of Jason Room wrote:»©«Bad_Company»©«666_12072 (DSL 8 files) has entered
»©«Bad_Company»©«666_12072 has left
<Anonymous User> Congratulations »©«Bad_Company»©« your the 249 user to enter the channel < < 15 users > >
»©«Bad_Company»©«666_12072 (DSL 8 files) has entered
<Anonymous User> Congratulations »©«Bad_Company»©« your the 250 user to enter the channel < < 15 users > >
<Anonymous User> Congratulations »©«Bad_Company»©« your the 251 user to enter the channel < < 15 users > >
<Anonymous User> Congratulations »©«Bad_Company»©« your the 252 user to enter the channel < < 15 users > >
I try to connect via RoboMX/Nushi Client/TSC Client/Ouka Client/ all this failed to connect. Only WinMX is connect...

Now i dont know what happent new Room is powered by Ouka Chat Server 4.50c.20050319-1900 have any command to block all chat clients? or Somethink wrong in the Server??? :?

Me waits an Reply :D :lol: :wink: 8)
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

when i use ip 127.0.0.1 it changes to my original ip in a sec on startup never had this before wonder what changed(something must have)
TheHawks
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Joshua wrote:when i use ip 127.0.0.1 it changes to my original ip in a sec on startup never had this before wonder what changed(something must have)
Just Before you start You room up change your Ip to 127.0.0.1 and start
Jimmy wrote:I try to connect via RoboMX/Nushi Client/TSC Client/Ouka Client/ all this failed to connect. Only WinMX is connect...
and about not connecting the Only One that i had problems connecting with was RoboMX, DraconisMX, Afterthought .Rabbit and Nushi had no problems connecting Not sure why they dont get In the rooms. I get This When I try to connect <Admin> Illegal Client Blocked:
ImageImage
Lunatic_UK1958
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hiya ppl. The help regarding my last post was great, many thanks.

I've searched the forums high and low for an answer to my next 2 questions:

When I ban a user, where is the list of bans stored? It seems that the ban is only in effect for as long as the server is running, surely not! When hosting with WinMx it gets stored in the config file.

WinMx allows you to set in effect 230 levels of access - 1 to 100=normal, 101 to 154 (admin) & 155 to 230 (host).

Ouka only has the 2 (@ and +), but I would like to have a 3rd level that will still assign the + without actually being an admin. Any chance that this is possible, or will be implemented?
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

TheHawks wrote:and about not connecting the Only One that i had problems connecting with was RoboMX, DraconisMX, Afterthought .Rabbit and Nushi had no problems connecting Not sure why they dont get In the rooms. I get This When I try to connect <Admin> Illegal Client Blocked:

By the way after the contact with the Jason is change the Server in older version and its okz! :wink: 8)