Oukas Chat Server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

ZaRdOz420
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I'm running in to compatibility issues with my WinMX 3.31/PoisonproofRCMS/BendMX/TSCv 3 setup.
I guess that setup is too weird to pre-test. :cry:
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, it may be clashing with RCMS as a lot of the commands are similar, maybe even the same, I'm not sure. Try removing RCMS then trying Ouka's :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Yesterday i search on the internet and i find this!
Ouka Chat Server 4.20e

Remember is in Japan language if you want to try download is Attached! :D :wink: 8)
Attachments
ChatServer_420e.zip
The Ouka Chat Server Version 4.20e
(84.08 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
unkn0wn
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

lol it'd be nice to see a translated version like the other past versions that have been posted in this thread.
unkn0wn
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

although thanks for the japanese version's post also :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey unkn0wn, welcome to the forum :)
I'd think it would be translated to English pretty soon, Protoman X may be doing it soon :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
unkn0wn
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Hey unkn0wn, welcome to the forum :)
I'd think it would be translated to English pretty soon, Protoman X may be doing it soon :D
thanks for the welcome, (lol been here for a while just never registered), and i'll be looking forward to the translated version :)
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

[quote] RCMSConf.txt‚ÌÂÂ
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

unkn0wn wrote:
battye wrote:Hey unkn0wn, welcome to the forum :)
thanks for the welcome, (lol been here for a while just never registered), and i'll be looking forward to the translated version :)
Good to have you :)
Also, welcome JASON, did you change the number in ÂÂ

Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

It's update time again!
I never got a chance to upload 4.20e because the holidays are rather hectic around here.... but now that it's all over I can give you guys an update to 4.30a :)

Only new things are the management situation is now in it's own dialog with the option of saving the settings as your ChatStartup.txt. And there is no more error about having more than 2 servers running, instead the option to display on the channel list is grayed out on all servers but the first one opened.

The 4.20e update was to add rename flood protection btw.

Other things... I updated the readme file finally so it's consistant in version numbers and generally boring stuff like that.

As for the english in IllegalCharBlock="0" that's been there since 4.30c for which I'm thankful!!! Saved me a ton of trouble because prior to that I had to translate the whole thing again with each new release (which got kinda annoying as close as the release dates usually are). In 4.20c & d really all I did aside from translate the new variables in RCMSConf.txt is fix the english a bit... for ex. "It displays on a Channel list, and "cansel", but for the most part it's been easy as of late ;) Check out the older versions of the translation and you'll probably see a good bit of difference in them.

Anyways, here's the update :)
Attachments
Ouka Chat Server 4.30a.rar
Ouka Chat Server 4.30a
(78.4 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Sorry to double post but I couldn't see where to fit this in in the last post.

I'd like to thank everyone for their interest in Ouka's Chat Server. I also thank everyone using it on Ouka's behalf, especially those who have e-mailed him suggestions for improovements. It's people who offer suggestions that keep hobbies like this going. I personally have found it to overall be the best of the servers available at this time and I hope it will continue to be that way :)

Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas to everyone on the forums!!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome 8)
unkn0wn will be very happy about this :D

unkn0wn
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Awesome 8)
unkn0wn will be very happy about this :D
lol definitly ;-)
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

@Protoman X
Very good! :D :wink: :lol: 8)
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

yeah battye changed IllegalCharBlock="1" to IllegalCharBlock="0" and the display is in English, you have to translate the RCMSConf.txt into English but it's fairly easy if you use one of Protoman's translated versions as a template :)