Oukas Chat Server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Casca
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have realized that when #AdminCmd ShowNickChangeOn is set, only the first nick change per user is shown in the channel. After that the user can change as many times as he/she wants and no change is notified in the chanel.. Is this working as planned???

Now a query: Could the Ouka Chat Server include a command to disable multiple Nicks per same IP.??? maybe some think like #admincmd IPmaxnames [1 to x]

Is this a correct place to enter queries??

Many thanks to Ouka for a nice piece of software, and to you all for the nice support...
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Best place to send requests are either e-mailing him at ouka_d at hotmail.com or visiting his channel ☆ 【 夢 の 小 箱 】 ☆:_5C78B4DB1A2B and talking with him (if he's there, he seems to be a pretty busy guy)

I do like the idea of changing the max connections per IP simply because I like having control over things, though imo 3 max connections per IP is plenty. If for some odd reason you need more you've always got a few thousand different loopback IPs you could use.
Casca
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for your interest Protoman X.

My query on limiting Names per IP is mainly for limit it to 1. People some times abuse os Nushis and enters several times. But I think its better to have the option to establish a limit acording to the Admin needs or wishes.
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Casca wrote:People some times abuse os Nushis and enters several times.
#AdminCmd PenaltyOn Will stop that. In Nushi's RCMS it set a timer for each time you came in without saying anything and leaving, first time was 15 seconds then 30 and so on, now I know this is the same command but im unsure if it works the same way I tried it awhile back and people were reciving a permanent ban not timed. Also the username change thing, thats normal you never noticed that when you enter your channel it will greet you if the welcome message is set but if you leave and re-enter it doesn't great you again once youve re-entered. thats completely normal I think you'll find that as soon as somone else changes name or enters if you then either change name or re-enter it will be triggered again. Personally I use Metis to show username changes and welcome messages in the channel to overcome this :)
<Insert Abuse Here. . . >
Casca
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

JASON]# wrote:
Casca wrote:People some times abuse os Nushis and enters several times.
I am sorry, my english is not soo god.
"People some times abuse os Nushis and enters multipe names simultaneously with same IP"

So [bAdminCmd PenaltyOn[/b] will not solve this specific problem.
JASON wrote:Personally I use Metis to show username changes and welcome messages in the channel to overcome.
Then you need to use another program "Metis" to see what Oucka Chat Server apparently fails to show.

#AdminCmd ShowNickChangeOn Does not specifies that it is ONLY for the first NickChange.
#UserCmd WelcomeMsgOn Does not specifies that it is ONLY for the firt enter time.

Anyway... Many Thanks for your comments JASON
Fast-007
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Casca si no quieres que una IP entre dos veces en el canal pon este comando --> #admincmd armsblockon , y solo deja entrar 1 IP unica , , , ( excuse , but i now Casca is from Spain , so i type it in spanish , so he can understand better )

Ps. puedes tener un problema al entrar en el canal , si tu montas el canal , ya que si entras con un cliente , ya hay 1 IP como la tuya dentro del canal
Casca
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks Fast-007.
I will try. But I still think it will be welcome a Command to specify how many Names are allowed pet IP.

Thanks for your interest but please. Do not write in spanish for me. The Forum is mainly in english and I am shure there are many other people interested in the answers.
Fast-007
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

ok new test version from ouka ( the cat ) , i talk to him about block multiple IP enter , and he come up withs this ---> Test version
#admincmd maxconnectionsnum <1-600>
The connected possible quantity from identical IP is set.

* RC$$MSConf.txt
[ Language ]
$maxConnectionsBlock$= "connection block"
$maxConnectionsBlockNotify$= "connection block!"
$maxConnectionsBlockNum$= "connection largest several setting"
$maxConnectionsBlockNumNotify$= "connection maximum number was modified!"

English edition
http://ouka.dip.jp/ChatServerE_510d_2005_08_12_1900.zip
Attachments
ChatServerE_510d_2005_08_12_1900.zip
ChatServerE_510d_2005_08_12_1900.zip
(126.92 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

one of my admins let me know that he does not see ip on entrance with winmx did not know this and tested ...he was right

now why didn't i like like this ???hhmmmmzzz forgot :lol:
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Joshua203 wrote:one of my admins let me know that he does not see ip on entrance with winmx did not know this and tested ...he was right
If an IP address is so important give them an @ or maybe put the welcome message to use... /opmsg, private or normal. Problem solved.

#UserCmd SetWelcomeMsg #AdminMessage %RAWNAME%'s IP : [%IP%]
#UserCmd SetWelcomeMsg #Private %RAWNAME% #Message %NAME%'s IP : [%IP%]
#UserCmd SetWelcomeMsg %RAWNAME%'s IP : [%IP%]
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Newest Flava for all you folks :-)

*Will Edit the post if I find anything new ;)

New Commands that I've found so far are:

/noitce <message> (Only CoHost @ or the Host can do this)
/channelname (displays channelname)
/setmotd2 <message> (Only CoHost @ or the Host can do this)

I also found this awhile back its not new cause in previous version it works but you can type /motd to show the message of the day in the channel at anytime :)

Big thanks to Ouka for this new release :arrow: 8)

NOTE* After a few minutes trying it out Ive found that /topic2 doesnt work by itself now, you must use the full command #AdminCmd /topic2 to use it and also I mentioned above about /motd, try /motd2 to show the second message of the day if it has been set. Also /channelname isnt global, only the user who typed it is shown it. Hosts and people behind a router dont be worred if you get your channel reported back as a loopback or private address, this is normal. Users typing it are given the correct address using your WAN IP address :wink:

Just found yet another new feature thanks to somone on another board pointing somthing out ;)
You can disbale colour text support for the whole channel. From the Chat Servers GUI right click the chat screen then go down the small menu and click "Disable Multi-Colours" now no colours will work in the channel, to re-enable them go to the same menu but select "Enable Multi-Colours" :)
Attachments
ChatServerE_510e_2005_08_27_1500.zip
Ouka Chat ServerE 510e 2005 08 27 1500.zip
(127.92 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Small detail but text format still works even with colors disabled. So for those who like to have admin flags like MX has but no colors otherwise it's quite nice :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads up Jason & Protoman :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

New test version.

I don't normally post about test versions but bug #1 has been a pain for me. Whenever my connection to the WPN dies for whatever reason (router decides to rebel, power goes out, whatever) the server lags the computer greatly. It's still running but extremly slow. The issue doesn't occur if channel listing is disabled. Once it gets a connection to a primary on the WPN again all returns to normal. This *should* fix that. (I'm at work.. can't test it atm)

Bugs squished and a new command
1) Fix for client lagging when your WPN connection drops
2) Correction to Multi-Colored Text
3) The message for /level /levelto and /channelname can be changed.

/levelto <USERNAME> will sent their /level userinfo to that user (can only be used by who have access to #usercmds)

RCMSConf.txt stuffs...

[Language]
$LevelNotify$="%RAWNAME%'s Level: %LEVEL%#\r\n#Messages: %MESSAGES%#\r\n#Client Name: %CLIENTNAME%#\r\n#Channel Name: %CHANNELNAME%#\r\n#Stay Time: %STAYTIME% [%PINGTIME%]#\r\n#IP: %IP%:%PORT% [%HOSTNAME%]#\r\n#NodeIP/Port: %NODEIP%:%NODEPORT% [%NODEIP16%%NODEPORT16%]"

$RoomNameNotify$="The name of this channel is: %CHANNELNAME%"

It can be downloaded at http://ouka.dip.jp/ChatServerE_510e_2005_08_30_2100.zip
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the info Protoman :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)