Tomato Torrent A Macintosh BitTorrent client

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Rock
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Ok here is Yet another BT client but the difference is is that its for Macintosh users out there ( first one I have seen , though it says that there is another out there ).
I have not used this as I dont own a macintosh but I have heard it is pretty good and easy to use.
BitTorrent promotes the accessibility of data on the Internet by allowing anyone to share information with a large audience. For more information, take a look at the pretty images over at bitconjurer.

About This ClientThe main goal of this project was to separate the BitTorrent code from the Macintosh code, so that either can be updated without having to modify the other. I got 80% of the download window’s current functionality implemented within 3 days of starting the project. Then I decided to finish “just a bit more,” and the project just kept getting bigger and bigger.

Features
:arrow: Built on BitTorrent 3.4.2
:arrow: Remembers recent downloads and where you’ve saved them to, making resumes quick and easy
:arrow: Shows detailed download statistics
:arrow: Shows detailed information about torrent files
:arrow: User interface for torrent generation allows you to specify torrent comments
:arrow: User interface for starting a torrent tracker on your Mac
:arrow: Most BitTorrent options are fully customizable
:arrow: Supports Unicode torrents

Requirements
Requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later with the BSD sub-system installed. The BSD sub-system is always installed unless you turn it off yourself when you install Mac OS X.

Download
This is not the official Macintosh BitTorrent client. You can get the official Macintosh client from the BitTorrent home.

The current release is 1.0.
OR you can get Tomato client here
Self-extracting disk image
Tomato.dmg (500-ish K)
Note: The software is offered subject to accepting the terms of the BSD-style software license contained within.
p2p-sharing-rules

The latest version is v1.1.2.

Tomato requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later.

Download link:Version 1.1.2

The source code is available from sarwat.net | opensource site.
p2p-sharing-rules

The current release is 1.5. Tomato requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

Download Version 1.5
Download Version 1.5b1 for Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3
p2p-sharing-rules

Tomato Torrent v1.5.1

Features

* Built on BitTorrent 4.2
* Remembers recent downloads and where you’ve saved them to, making resumes quick and easy
* Auto-stop torrents when they’ve seeded a set amount
* Set an upload rate for torrents that start seeding

* Universal Binary
* User interface for starting a torrent tracker on your Mac
* Most BitTorrent options are fully customizable
* Supports AppleScript

Download

The current release is 1.5.1 which adds Leopard support. Tomato requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

Download Version 1.5.1
Download Version 1.5b1 for Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am 99% sure I read another post of yours P2P about another BitTorrent client for Mac... or am I imagining things? :?

Have you heard about the best client for Mac or if there are any that Mac users should stay away from?

CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
p2p-sharing-rules

Vuze & Bittorrent have a Mac version. The developers of µTorrent have a alpha version for Mac users. Read about the leaked version here.
I haven't heard of the best Mac client.You can read another article on Torrentfreak that reviews Mac bittorrent clients here.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks P2P :)

I've downloaded the uTorrent version and it seems to be running alright (but still frustratingly slow, but I think that's to do with my uploads being limited to about 16kb)... after I've used it for a while I'll give another update, because I was thinking of using Tomato Torrent too :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)