LimeWire

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I read this, about the need to upgrade older versions of Limewire as theres is a few flaws in the security of the older versions.

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=697
LimeWire versions prior to our 4.8 release of two weeks ago contained a serious potential security flaw. Since April of 2004, it was possible to craft a HTTP request for an arbitrary file off the computer of an active user. The problem actually arose in two forms. Version 4.6 fixed half of the problem but it was only in version 4.8 that we fixed both problems. These flaws were pointed out to us by Cornell researchers reading through the open source code themselves.
Get a copy of the latest version from here.

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Wednesday 16th March.
www.computerweekly.com wrote:Open-source file-sharing software company LimeWire has been forced to fix its software after a hole was discovered that allowed an intruder to read any file on a user’s hard drive - whether it was made available to share or not.
The hole was discovered by researchers at Cornell University in the US. The current version of LimeWire is 4.8.1 and the company has warned all users with versions prior to 4.8 to upgrade.
Some users of file-sharing or P2P programs do not configure their software properly and allow intruders or genuine users to access any parts of their PC, instead of just the areas where their intended shared information is located.
As well as creating their own privacy problems, such users can make available confidential information such as online banking details.
The LimeWire flaw, however, was down to software development problems.
According to Download.com, LimeWire has been downloaded 42 million times.
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

There's no place like home (WinMX), There's no place like home (WinMX), There's no place like home (WinMX).... hehehehe

Couldnt resist.... :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
p2p-sharing-rules

LimeWire's lastest version is 5.2.13
You can download it here.

LimeWire works on the following OS.
Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 98, NT, 95,
Mac OSX 10.2.6,
Mac Classic 8.1 or later,
Linux, Unix such as Solaris

Windows Vista Users

LimeWire is compatible with Windows Vista. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of LimeWire and Java and all Windows updates are installed.

If you want to read the changelog history click here.
the docs mum
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

is there anythink else but from lime wire hubbys bein moaning that weve had nothing but trouble becuase of it or winmx
one of the big boys told me to do it
p2p-sharing-rules

the docs mum wrote:is there anythink else but from lime wire hubbys bein moaning that weve had nothing but trouble becuase of it or winmx
What kind of problems are you having with LimeWire or WinMX?
FrostWire is an alternative to using LimeWire , SoulSeek is good for downloading music. Have you tried BitTorrent? Azureus & µTorrent are two of the most popular BitTorrent clients used for downloading .torrents on the BitTorrent protocol. I use µTorrent myself.