Ultimate Quiz Mod

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm making a new MOD, a Quiz Mod. It will allow you to make and play quizzes :)
Before I really get into it, I need to know what people want to see in it though, like layout, features etc.

Thanks,
battye
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Well I would like it not to just be about music like other subjects... and could you make it have a really stupid ppl section for me here?... :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

Well at least 67% more topical would be good
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

lol bacon :lol:
why don't i make a 'The Panel' section just for you :lol:

It will be about all subjects, but maybe an idea is to have categories to group the quizzes by? Similar to the front page of the forum maybe? :)

Keep the suggestions coming guys :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

categorizing is good, but that depends on the number of quizes that are going to be made. There really isnt any bad way to go about doing it. You can list quizes the creation date or cateogrize them, which is a good idea also.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

To begin, I think listing them descending by date is the best idea, then start to touch on categories :)
Just thinking of what the easiest way to begin is.

ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

Sounds like fun...

I would think that by categorizing under topics and also listing by date would make it easier for people to recognize what they want..... JMO
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Development has begun, I've created a DEV topic over at phpBB, be sure to check it out :D

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=222002

There are a few links to some Beta stuff I've been doing as well, the index page is coming along nicely, but with its fair share of problems :lol:

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Problems ..??? Thats for the other guy :)
Maybe now is a good time to start compiling some questions for a test set of quizzes ? How many do you think we should have per quiz ?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's currently at 5 questions per quiz, but we aren't at any real stage yet. Any questions have to be entered manually into the database...
I'll let you all know when we have a working MOD :)

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

I think this is a great idea Battye and once again proves how great you are to us... making this the best place on the net to hang out!!! Cant wait to try the quiz when you get it ready.... holla if you need any idiot help... hehe

: >
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Only 5 questions per quiz .. :cry: We need more than that !!
We all need to get to work on a few questions , so that we can have something to play with .. :lol: "Cough" "Cough"
I think this mod is great for the forum Battye 8), another great innovation here we come :P .
BONGOMAN
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Can I ask the questions? I couold be like the new Angus Deaton or Anne Robinson perhaps.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Its an automated quiz Bongo , but feel free to compile a quiz of your choice :D .
(Moo Moo ...Psst Forget looking like Anne Robinson :lol: )
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, it's not automated. All the quizzes are made by the users, so make as many as you want Bongo! :D