Happy 7th Anniversary CMX

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

Happy 7th Anniversary CMX

My next post will be better than this...
I've jumped the gun by 1 minute - CricketMX began at 4.26pm on January 11, 2004 :)

So, here goes...
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
moongirl

Happy Anniversary CMX
Another fabulous year thanks to Battye and all "The Cricket Team" :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well timed moongirl :)

I do like this time of year a lot, yes it is busy and hectic but also joyous because there's still a bit of Christmas cheer in the air... it's funny with my annual Christmas post and the forum anniversary quite close I need to think of something different to differentiate the posts. Normally what I try and do is celebrate the present and future at Christmas and celebrate the forums wonderful memories on January 11th. So I will try and stick to that formula again this year.
One of the very first designs for CricketMX.com from mid-2004
One of the very first designs for CricketMX.com from mid-2004
As a lot of the forum members here know it is because of WinMX and the friendships formed there that really let CricketMX grow. The old WinMXCommunity.com forums may no longer be around, but I looked through my old archives and I did manage to find something interesting:
WinMXCommunity_Stats.png
If my maths is correct, 7 of the 10 users on that list (which if I recall was a top posters of the week list from late 2003... I'm sure Freez would testify to my love of statistics!) are members here at CricketMX - demonstrating the role WinMX played in the "forumation" of CMX. :) But despite that, CMX has stood on its own two feet for a long time and has become successful in its own right - and I am extremely proud of that.

The moderators here at CMX have been superb contributors over a long period of time; moongirl, P2P and Rat are always keeping the forums updated with the newest information, advances and P2P releases + patrolling for spambots and I appreciate your efforts more than words can describe. I know how busy Grinch is these days, but I know he still keeps an eye on things here and to know that someone as capable as him is on my team makes me very grateful. I am hugely thankful for the loyalty that Grinch and the moderators have shown to CMX :)

And finally to the members of CMX - it is the members that keep CricketMX ticking. I thank you for your loyalty and contributions as well, I'm so proud of the community we have formed together.

Happy 7th anniversary everyone!
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Hooray for CMX! Seven years sounds scarily long. That's most of Screamer's™ life! It's longer - by far - than Screamer2™ has been around! Those little details make me feel pretty old but time wasted, I mean, erm, spent here soon knocks the years back off again. I hope we're all still here to celebrate 14 years. :)

Battye... I'm a little peeved I'm not on the list up there - I'm sure someone tampered with the database. ;) Thanks for keeping tabs on us all this time.

Keep posting everyone. Enjoy CMX... I plan to do that very thing myself.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats on the 7 years battye.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Hiya Grinch. :)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Congrats, Battye!

I tried to log on, but couldn't access the site from the hospital. (don't worry, good news) I even tried to set up an ssh tunnel to the house so I could get around it, but couldn't convince the web server to give me the right page.
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

Happy Anniversary CMX and thanks for keeping us connect all these years Battye!
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
moongirl

Grinch! You are wearing new clothes...I think! :wink:

Nes, so good to see you. Well done! :)

Happy days at CMX!
p2p-sharing-rules

Happy 7th anniversary cricketmx and congratulations, Battye!