It's that time again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Decade!

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another year has passed and we are inching closer to CricketMX's sixth anniversary! It is hard to believe that when this website started George Bush was still in his first term as president, Friends was still airing on NBC and Robert Harvey was still a long way from retirement.

Since this time last year I've been pleased with the growth of the articles section, which was initially launched in January 2008. In 2009 (so far) there have been a total of 36,145 article views including 13,098 from off site referrals (Google, other forums, etc).

One of the highlights of the year in terms of articles was something I actually discovered this morning. In the referrals was http://www.onemovementmusic.com.au/testimonials - it turned out that the manager of the artist I wrote about in the Tata Young performance at the One Movement festival in Perth article included a link to CMX in his festival testimonial! :D
Link to CricketMX
Link to CricketMX
That particular article was also one of the most viewed articles of the year, and I'm sure it broke some site of record on the night it was posted. I have never seen an article race to 100 views so quickly. The corresponding YouTube videos didn't do too badly either, with over 3000 views for each of them. Like last year, I want to thank the members of http://www.tatayoungworld.com/ for making that possible.

Most viewed articles of 2009 (articles in bold were posted this year and didn't have the benefit of being established already on Google, etc):
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year. Here's to another exciting decade of CricketMX.com! Thanks to all of our loyal members for making this decade possible :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

Thank you Battye & congratulations on another great year here at CricketMX.
Christmas wishes to you and all at CMX :santa:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
p2p-sharing-rules

Merry Christmas everyone! :)